• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

I think we can get better talent in the draft. If Schwartz was really that good, Gettleman would have signed him already, right?

I don't think Gettleman is nearly done with assessing the team needs yet.

#32 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,866 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

I'd rather add depth with better players. Just because this board fell in love with him over a stupid nickname doesn't mean we should bring him in. Bring in the best you can find. There are better lineman that him out there. Period.

He's better than Hangartner, Byers, G.Williams, Austin, Hicks, Z.Williams, Pollack. The worst he can be is our best backup lineman. At best, the starting RG if healthy.

#33 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

Good utility o-line player if nothing else, pick him up.

#34 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,574 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Word that they re-signed a camp guy in Justin Wells.

#35 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,143 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

dont think we cut him, just chose not to offer him a contract

#36 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,136 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

phil loadholt in fa too. underrated and cheap for a right tackle.......

#37 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,385 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Rivera didn't play him and he got cut, Somehow though, he's improved to the point where he would be an upgrade over the guy we did end up starting?

Maybe people should go back and read all the gushing threads that were posted about Hangartner when he came back, and get a little perspective.

I think we can get better talent in the draft. If Schwartz was really that good, Gettleman would have signed him already, right?

He was hurt, and Hurney opted not to tender him because he was an RFA, apparently him and Hurney had a dispute.

Geoff Schwartz, OT/ OG

When the Carolina Panthers opted against tendering Schwartz, there was a collective gasp from the PFF team. Sure Ron Rivera wasn’t in charge when Schwartz managed to finish 2010 with a PFF grade of +12.3 despite playing two positions, but it wouldn’t have been hard to watch some tapes and see he’s got more talent than anything they can currently put out on the right side of their line. Schwartz offers the kind of versatility and talent that brings to mind a poor man’s Marshal Yanda; good enough to make him the best right tackle available and possibly the best value guard too. He has a very real chance to be this year’s Evan Mathis for a team with a diligent scouting department.

https://www.profootb...argain-hunting/
This was last free agency.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.