#1 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

http://sports.yahoo....-221912900.html
An Alabama high school football coach has been suspended for 10 days after delivering what can only be described as a racist and homophobic rant in a classroom, all of which was caught in an audio recording.
In a rant that last nearly 90 seconds, Lauderdale County (Ala.) High head football coach Bob Grisham lashed out at “fat butt Michelle Obama” as the reason why the school cafeteria featured low calorie lunches. A second voice on the tape went on to call the first lady a “fat gorilla” and Grisham later claimed that, “what [homosexuals] do is wrong and an abomination against God.”
Grisham led Lauderdale County to the semifinals of the state playoffs in 2012 and has taught in the county school system since 1991. As part of his punishment, Reason.com reports that Grisham will not teach his fifth-period psychology class for the rest of the school year. He will also have to attend sensitivity training.
Grisham’s rant was submitted to Huntsville TV station WAFF-TV and the Times Daily, with the story then picked up by Online Sports Guys, which alerted Prep Rally to the hate-filled rant. Grisham said that he "mispoke in a debate situation," though that didn't appear to ease the pressure on the coach.
“The board’s range is to recommend doing nothing to termination,” James Irby, the attorney for the Lauderdale school board told the Times Daily earlier this week. “And, of course, they have everything in between, such as suspension with or without pay or merely a warning.”

#2 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

I really, really wish that black high school athletes (especially football players) would stand together and refuse to play at southern schools (regardless of how successful their programs are). This idiot coach is a fine example of the "southern gentlemen" that run football programs down there. Maybe if SEC schools didn't get any 4/5 star recruits then these idiots would start to learn. poo like this makes my blood boil. fuging cowards.

#3 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

North Carolina is far from perfect, but the deeper you go into the old South the more prevalent these good ole boys in leadership positions seem to be. Spent 3 years in Shreveport Louisiana and they were not the least bit shy about letting you know what they thought of one another down there. Many seemed hell bent on passing on their antiquated ideas to the next generation. Sadly it seemed to be working. For someone raised in Charlotte during desegregation, it was a real eye opener to see how far we still had to go in race relations.

#4 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,517 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

i'm amazed at the number of times i see the term "moochelle" used to refer to mrs. obama

strangely enough they all tend to be on sites that get linked to from drudge. i wonder if there's a correlation

#5 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

I'm sure he is not the type of person to call a Persian a monkey

#6 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Are we really at the point where everytime someone criticizes the first family, it makes national news?

#7 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Are we really at the point where everytime someone criticizes the first family, it makes national news?

Criticizing is saying "I do not believe in the policies the president, his party, and his wife are trying to put in place. I think they are the wrong fit for this country.....etc).

Calling Michelle a fat gorilla goes beyond simply criticism.

#8 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

What the coach did goes beyond criticism (as Tensor said). In addition to this, using his position as a teacher to influence impressionable young minds with his particular brand of idiocy is wrong. He describes Mrs. Obama as "fat butt" and then fails to discipline a student who uses even more racially charged language to describe the first lady. I'm almost 100% sure that Mrs. Obama has lower body fat and is in better shape than the wives/girlfriends of people who call her fat (which she is not even close to being; it's almost like they are living in some fantasy world).

Black athletes need to wake the fug up and stop playing at SEC schools. Matter of fact, the whole south can just burn in one giant orgy of idiocy. Can't stand that region. Sherman should have repeated his march to the sea in every southern state.

#9 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,328 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

debating is for gays amirite

#10 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,887 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Personally, I agree that fostering an environment where students say gorilla type statements is wrong, no place for that.

But, to say something in the vein of, "your school lunches suck because a woman with a fat butt herself is telling YOU what you can and cannot eat" is debatable.

But, yes, he was out of line. Nothing he said was actually racist, but he seems to put himself in that light by not shutting off the class offender. The homosexual thing is again his opinion and looks like he was not calling names but quoting biblical references. Probably though, if someone had made a slur against homosexuals, he would not have corrected.

Guess he will learn to teach school stuff and not his opinion.

#11 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,517 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

^ ugh

#12 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,887 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

^ ugh

Problem here is that there are only ones and tens that exist. Everyone is lumped into the most right or the most left. There is no middle ground. I understand it is the internet and everyone wants to get in their one upping on the previous poster, but sometimes it is too predictable.

Michelle has a big butt means you are a Klan member. It is pretty typical here, no gray areas, all 1's and 10's. Guy is probably a 7, which is bad enough.

#13 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Personally, I agree that fostering an environment where students say gorilla type statements is wrong, no place for that.

But, to say something in the vein of, "your school lunches suck because a woman with a fat butt herself is telling YOU what you can and cannot eat" is debatable.

But, yes, he was out of line. Nothing he said was actually racist, but he seems to put himself in that light by not shutting off the class offender. The homosexual thing is again his opinion and looks like he was not calling names but quoting biblical references. Probably though, if someone had made a slur against homosexuals, he would not have corrected.

Guess he will learn to teach school stuff and not his opinion.

He slurred gays by calling them 'queers' which yahoo replaced with 'homosexuals' in their article. Whether or not that is offensive probably varies from person to person, but that's besides the point. I'm not sure what the size of Mrs. Obama's butt has to do with anything, but fyi she is healthy and not obese. And not all men like women with no ass; in fact many men (of all races) enjoy a woman with something back there besides a flat, pancake ass but I digress. She has every right to make preventing childhood obesity a top priority because obesity in this country is out of control...and guess where obesity is most common? The South. Idiot coach was talking without actually saying anything of substance i.e. "Things won't get better until there's a change in some areas and stuff."

This guy is another head in ass, hateful sack of poo. He needs to read 1 Cor 13; I'm not sure how any of these conservative hatemongers can claim to be Christians when their actions do not represent that one chapter at all.

#14 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,887 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

He slurred gays by calling them 'queers' which yahoo replaced with 'homosexuals' in their article. Whether or not that is offensive probably varies from person to person, but that's besides the point. I'm not sure what the size of Mrs. Obama's butt has to do with anything, but fyi she is healthy and not obese. And not all men like women with no ass; in fact many men (of all races) enjoy a woman with something back there besides a flat, pancake ass but I digress. She has every right to make preventing childhood obesity a top priority because obesity in this country is out of control...and guess where obesity is most common? The South. Idiot coach was talking without actually saying anything of substance i.e. "Things won't get better until there's a change in some areas and stuff."

This guy is another head in ass, hateful sack of poo. He needs to read 1 Cor 13; I'm not sure how any of these conservative hatemongers can claim to be Christians when their actions do not represent that one chapter at all.

Just read the yahoo part. Queers is definitely taking up a notch or two.

With all the recent articles on schools and lunches and refusals of students to eat the food, you could not ascertain from the article whether or not there was a debate about the food or what precipated the off the wall rants. I would agree that the guy has not got his heart in the right place at all, as I mentioned to even allow the talk about gorilla. That is very indicative that he did not squash it forcefully. And if he said *****, then he veered far from any biblical teachings. Again, just read the yahoo part.

One more thing, not sure what kind of school he teaches at, but I doubt there are many minorities there. How else could you explain the douche comment from a kid who was not challenged. I say that because of your mentioning of players boycotting. Might be predominently white.

#15 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,829 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

I'd tap Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com