Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alabama High School Football Coach "Misspeaks in debate situation"

27 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='stirs' timestamp='1360170873' post='2126836']
Personally, I agree that fostering an environment where students say gorilla type statements is wrong, no place for that.

But, to say something in the vein of, "your school lunches suck because a woman with a fat butt herself is telling YOU what you can and cannot eat" is debatable.

But, yes, he was out of line. Nothing he said was actually racist, but he seems to put himself in that light by not shutting off the class offender. The homosexual thing is again his opinion and looks like he was not calling names but quoting biblical references. Probably though, if someone had made a slur against homosexuals, he would not have corrected.

Guess he will learn to teach school stuff and not his opinion.
[/quote]

He slurred gays by calling them 'queers' which yahoo replaced with 'homosexuals' in their article. Whether or not that is offensive probably varies from person to person, but that's besides the point. I'm not sure what the size of Mrs. Obama's butt has to do with anything, but fyi she is healthy and not obese. And not all men like women with no ass; in fact many men (of all races) enjoy a woman with something back there besides a flat, pancake ass but I digress. She has every right to make preventing childhood obesity a top priority because obesity in this country is out of control...and guess where obesity is most common? The South. Idiot coach was talking without actually saying anything of substance i.e. "[color=#767676][font=Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif]Things won't get better until there's a change in some areas and stuff." [/font][/color]

This guy is another head in ass, hateful sack of poo. He needs to read 1 Cor 13; I'm not sure how any of these conservative hatemongers can claim to be Christians when their actions do not represent that one chapter at all.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Hoplomachus' timestamp='1360186172' post='2127087']

He slurred gays by calling them 'queers' which yahoo replaced with 'homosexuals' in their article. Whether or not that is offensive probably varies from person to person, but that's besides the point. I'm not sure what the size of Mrs. Obama's butt has to do with anything, but fyi she is healthy and not obese. And not all men like women with no ass; in fact many men (of all races) enjoy a woman with something back there besides a flat, pancake ass but I digress. She has every right to make preventing childhood obesity a top priority because obesity in this country is out of control...and guess where obesity is most common? The South. Idiot coach was talking without actually saying anything of substance i.e. "[color=#767676][font=Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif]Things won't get better until there's a change in some areas and stuff." [/font][/color]

This guy is another head in ass, hateful sack of poo. He needs to read 1 Cor 13; I'm not sure how any of these conservative hatemongers can claim to be Christians when their actions do not represent that one chapter at all.
[/quote]

Just read the yahoo part. Queers is definitely taking up a notch or two.

With all the recent articles on schools and lunches and refusals of students to eat the food, you could not ascertain from the article whether or not there was a debate about the food or what precipated the off the wall rants. I would agree that the guy has not got his heart in the right place at all, as I mentioned to even allow the talk about gorilla. That is very indicative that he did not squash it forcefully. And if he said *****, then he veered far from any biblical teachings. Again, just read the yahoo part.

One more thing, not sure what kind of school he teaches at, but I doubt there are many minorities there. How else could you explain the douche comment from a kid who was not challenged. I say that because of your mentioning of players boycotting. Might be predominently white.

Posted · Report post

I'd tap Michelle

Posted · Report post

Michelle Obama is in phenomenal shape, what is this dude talking about

Posted · Report post

[quote name='stirs' timestamp='1360170873' post='2126836']But, to say something in the vein of, "your school lunches suck because a woman with a fat butt herself is telling YOU what you can and cannot eat" is debatable. [/quote]

i'm not sure if i'm reading you right here or not. are you saying it's debatable ok to say that?

Posted · Report post

No, just that if they had been debating the whole lunch change and how it was to help everyone supposedly lose weight and he made a comment about her having a big butt herself, yet wanting to dictate to everyone else what they had to eat, then, it would be debatable as to whether it would be racist or just ticked off about the lunch thing.

Pretty typical of someone telling you that you have to do something and you turning on them and basically saying "who are you to tell me...." that is all.

Posted · Report post

how is she dictating what everyone else eats?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='stirs' timestamp='1360201197' post='2127327']
No, just that if they had been debating the whole lunch change and how it was to help everyone supposedly lose weight and he made a comment about her having a big butt herself, yet wanting to dictate to everyone else what they had to eat, then, it would be debatable as to whether it would be racist or just ticked off about the lunch thing.

Pretty typical of someone telling you that you have to do something and you turning on them and basically saying "who are you to tell me...." that is all.
[/quote]

why is it not possible to be both, and equally as abhorrent?

Posted · Report post

lol "he's not racist, he's just really angry about school lunches being healthy."

seems legit.

Posted · Report post

As I said before, you guys deal only in absolutes. Someone is either a flaming liberal or a hateful Klan member. There is no in between here on the Huddle.

Woman leaves a note on her reciept and all Huddle members try to win the golden wiener award for calling her names. She was scum to you guys. Not a thought about anything in the situation, not to mention that her bill and the tip was paid. Just one after another trying to call her a worse name than the other. All I am saying, is to examine each for what it is.

This guys worst crime and the part that implicates him more as a bad person is his lack of calling down someone for the gorilla statement, then as we learned yesterday, his Queers commment.

There is no use having the Huddle if every subject is relegated to Klan member within the first page. Nothing to ever discuss but who gets the award for best name caller.

MMM, just make it up as you go, no discourse needed.

Posted · Report post

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/black-family-claims-disney-white-rabbit-character-refused-180034301--finance.html

Who knows what the person looks like underneath, but you could deduce that they are not black. Pretty good policy would be that a kid is a kid. This person is obviously not in the right business.

Posted · Report post

I think the context was pretty clear... Sure the Huddle deals in absolutes n knee jerk reactions, but thats what a message board is for.

In this case "big butt" or add any other racist adjective is just that: racist insult. I dont understand trying rationalize the context.