• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

I don't think anybody would argue against Joe Flacco deserving a raise - and maybe a significant one - for his performance this year.

But paying Flacco more than Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and both of the Mannings? I'd balk at that.

#22 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationBelgium
HUDDLER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Well... It's not a matter of being the best QB. He gambled not signing before the PO's, winning the SB and MVP has put him in best negotiation position any player can have. He gambled and won a big, fat paycheck.

#23 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

It was a calculated risk. The Ravens could have extended him before the season for a lot less money. They wanted to see how he played this year (which I would have also). He won the Superbowl MVP and basically had a remarkable post season. He is going to get somewhere between 17-20 mill a year. Deserves to be the highest paid , I don't know. It's up to Baltimore to decide that, I won't begrudge him either way.

#24 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• LocationKnoxville, TN
HUDDLER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Flacco is and has always been full of crap. Yes, he played well in the Superbowl, but so did Jake Delhomme if we recall correctly. He's a good quarterback that has a huge upside, but he needs to show consistency before he gets Rodgers/Manning/Brady type money. When he said I think it was last year that he was the best qb in the league I knew then that he was full of poo.

#25 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

He's won more games in his first 4 years than anyone else and has a SB MVP trophy with his name on it. And let's not act like this Ravens' defense was elite this season. They had so many injuries and finished 17th overall. Flacco lead them.

#26 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Here's a question....you guys are all ready to hand Cam a monster contract yet your hesitant about Flacco getting one. What exactly has Cam done to prove he should get a top 5 contract? Has he been consistent enough? I don't think so.

#27 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• LocationKnoxville, TN
HUDDLER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Here's a question....you guys are all ready to hand Cam a monster contract yet your hesitant about Flacco getting one. What exactly has Cam done to prove he should get a top 5 contract? Has he been consistent enough? I don't think so.

Who said that Cam deserved a top 5 contract?

#28 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• LocationConnecticut
SUPPORTER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Flacco is Eli. Sucks during the regular season and is god during the playoffs.

#29 KillerKat

KillerKat

To Hell With Bell

HUDDLER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

He should be paid as a top 5 QB like he is.

#30 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

HUDDLER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

The Ravens made their own bed with this one. Flacco wanted to do a new deal this past offseason and it was the Ravens who wanted to wait and see how the season played out. Well, they won the SB and Flacco played like a baller in the postseason. They could've probably had him for top 10 money, but now they may be looking at making him the highest paid player in the league. They gambled and lost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users