#1 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,766 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

http://www.ncspin.co...emocratic-mess/

And we wonder why every department is going to be gutted and people have to reapply for their position.

Change!

#2 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

They'll tackle these problems and simply create their own for the next person to deal with. That's how politics works.

#3 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,766 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

They'll tackle these problems and simply create their own for the next person to deal with. That's how politics works.

Lot of of people ranting/raving about the changes and legislation about to pass regarding Medicare and unemployment. The only way you can get true change is to gut the prior administration's minions.

#4 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

Their Unemployment change is pretty harsh. From 550$ a week to 350, thats really steep.

I can handle the change in max weeks, but that was sharp.

As for gutting departments.

Understand the lower you go in said departments the more you are affecting people that actually do work.
While the tops are usually appointed brown noser's and political hires people near the bottom are generally smart, efficient workers.

#5 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,322 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

The lower unemployment will help offset the money he is going to send Jerry Richardson

#6 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,322 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

rich get richer

#7 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,972 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

My problem with state gov't is the waste I see in the agencies that deal with what I do for a living.

I have a current contract with a particular agency, so I'm not gonna be real specific... but let's just say they have a 25 person department that is essentially a QC department for the little bit of work they do... a complete waste...

They have over $5 Million in equipment that literally sits 90% of the time doing nothing, when there are more than a dozen companies in the state that provide those services that could be sub-contracted out at MUCH lower cost to the state than owning and maintaining their own equipment...

That's just my little snapshot too... I'm sure it's rampant in other areas too.

#8 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,766 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Their Unemployment change is pretty harsh. From 550$ a week to 350, thats really steep.

I can handle the change in max weeks, but that was sharp.

Do you understand why that's being done?

We don't have the money...and were going further in debt. Business unemployment taxes went up slightly. Benefits shortened.

As for gutting departments.

Understand the lower you go in said departments the more you are affecting people that actually do work.
While the tops are usually appointed brown noser's and political hires people near the bottom are generally smart, efficient workers.

Commission heads, appointees, etc are being gutted...not necessarily Susie work processor. I'm glad that our democrat auditor is doing her job. Our state is horrid in how it's handling Medicare payouts.

#9 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,480 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

Things weren't that bad. Our state government is in decent shape relative to many other states.

It will be interesting to see what changes lie ahead. I am not sure I agree with the cuts in employment benefits, but I am not sure what else could be done.

#10 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,766 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

And according to the article...NC government had been doing this with unemployment even before the recession hit.

#11 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Commission heads, appointees, etc are being gutted...not necessarily Susie work processor. I'm glad that our democrat auditor is doing her job. Our state is horrid in how it's handling Medicare payouts.

Certainly wasn't last year.
They fired the grunts and the chiefs gave themselves raises, preparing for this year most likely.

Thats how they "streamlined" gov.

They = State Legislators in general.

#12 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,761 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

I was just wondering how the Democrats managed to control everything in North Carolina for a hundred years with no Republicans involved.

#13 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,451 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

The lower unemployment will help offset the money he is going to send Jerry Richardson

Except that the state has already said that it is NOT giving money for the stadium...that is coming from the hotel tax.

Way to be ignorantly and categorically wrong.....AGAIN

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,322 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Except that the state has already said that it is NOT giving money for the stadium...that is coming from the hotel tax.

Way to be ignorantly and categorically wrong.....AGAIN

The state said that?

Do you have a link where the state said they are NOT giving money for the stadium?

I would love to be ignorantly and categorically wrong in this case.

I will await a response.

#15 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,322 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

or did you get the city and the state confused. If so tell your handlers to explain to you the difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com