Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McCrory stepped into a world of crap left by 100yrs of democrat rule

105 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[url="http://www.ncspin.com/2013/02/06/pat-mccrory-meets-a-democratic-mess/"]http://www.ncspin.com/2013/02/06/pat-mccrory-meets-a-democratic-mess/[/url]

And we wonder why every department is going to be gutted and people have to reapply for their position.

Change!

Posted · Report post

They'll tackle these problems and simply create their own for the next person to deal with. That's how politics works.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tensor' timestamp='1360162410' post='2126704']
They'll tackle these problems and simply create their own for the next person to deal with. That's how politics works.
[/quote]

Lot of of people ranting/raving about the changes and legislation about to pass regarding Medicare and unemployment. The only way you can get true change is to gut the prior administration's minions.

Posted · Report post

Their Unemployment change is pretty harsh. From 550$ a week to 350, thats really steep.

I can handle the change in max weeks, but that was sharp.

As for gutting departments.

Understand the lower you go in said departments the more you are affecting people that actually do work.
While the tops are usually appointed brown noser's and political hires people near the bottom are generally smart, efficient workers.

Posted · Report post

The lower unemployment will help offset the money he is going to send Jerry Richardson

Posted · Report post

rich get richer

Posted · Report post

My problem with state gov't is the waste I see in the agencies that deal with what I do for a living.

I have a current contract with a particular agency, so I'm not gonna be real specific... but let's just say they have a 25 person department that is essentially a QC department for the little bit of work they do... a complete waste...

They have over $5 Million in equipment that literally sits 90% of the time doing nothing, when there are more than a dozen companies in the state that provide those services that could be sub-contracted out at MUCH lower cost to the state than owning and maintaining their own equipment...

That's just my little snapshot too... I'm sure it's rampant in other areas too.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kurb' timestamp='1360165500' post='2126732']
Their Unemployment change is pretty harsh. From 550$ a week to 350, thats really steep.

I can handle the change in max weeks, but that was sharp.[/quote]

Do you understand why that's being done?

We don't have the money...and were going further in debt. Business unemployment taxes went up slightly. Benefits shortened.

[quote]As for gutting departments.

Understand the lower you go in said departments the more you are affecting people that actually do work.
While the tops are usually appointed brown noser's and political hires people near the bottom are generally smart, efficient workers.
[/quote]

Commission heads, appointees, etc are being gutted...not necessarily Susie work processor. I'm glad that our democrat auditor is doing her job. Our state is horrid in how it's handling Medicare payouts.

Posted · Report post

Things weren't that bad. Our state government is in decent shape relative to many other states.

It will be interesting to see what changes lie ahead. I am not sure I agree with the cuts in employment benefits, but I am not sure what else could be done.

Posted · Report post

And according to the article...NC government had been doing this with unemployment even before the recession hit.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='g5jamz' timestamp='1360168908' post='2126798']
Commission heads, appointees, etc are being gutted...not necessarily Susie work processor. I'm glad that our democrat auditor is doing her job. Our state is horrid in how it's handling Medicare payouts.
[/quote]

Certainly wasn't last year.
They fired the grunts and the chiefs gave themselves raises, preparing for this year most likely.

Thats how they "streamlined" gov.

They = State Legislators in general.

Posted · Report post

I was just wondering how the Democrats managed to control everything in North Carolina for a hundred years with no Republicans involved.