Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

g5jamz

McCrory stepped into a world of crap left by 100yrs of democrat rule

105 posts in this topic

That was a week ago.

This was from yesterday.

http://www.charlotte...senate-gop.html

So help me find out where "The State" said it is not giving any money. Surely if "The State" came out and said that Jerry Richardson would not still be meeting with key state leaders as of yesterday,

Go be dumb somewhere else

The article I quoted stated that they were not interested in giving State money for the stadium.....your quote said they met (and nothing more).

You can just stay here and be dumb....it is amusing to the rest of us.

So one guys opinion is the state?

Where is the hotel tax?

Tell your handlers that I appreciate all the work that they do.

Yes...the guy (house speaker) that controls what comes to a vote is a pretty big opinion on what the heck happens.

That doesn't mean the state can't just give taxing authority to Mecklenberg to do to its citizens whatever they want....it just will not come from state coffers.

Gut it.

Deep.

Easy there....

Easy there....

High paid professors/administrators/whatthefugthey call themselves on UNC College campuses.

Highway patrol could probably get an extra year or two out of the cars they drive.

Protect the employees that are already hired, but future hires do not get full lifetime benefits.

There is money out there, and tons of it. Make this state an economic powerhouse.

High paid professors/administrators/whatthefugthey call themselves on UNC College campuses.

Highway patrol could probably get an extra year or two out of the cars they drive.

Protect the employees that are already hired, but future hires do not get full lifetime benefits.

There is money out there, and tons of it. Make this state an economic powerhouse.

Department of Ed is a disaster, it needs a cleaning from top down. Google the Education Building in Raleigh, its made of pink Marble....

NCDENR has a reckoning coming as well, they sneered at Repubs, now a worst case scenario from an Environmental standpoint as it will likely be gutted and rendered powerless. See: Fracking

and then everything you said.

I just hope they leave Health and Human Services and things like that alone. I knew of a guy that had a boss who went from a 35K job to a 75K job.

This job was to supervise 6 people, who worked independently. They DIDNT NEED SUPERVISION. They could have reported to a higher up. One of his 6 resigned, so two others offered to pick up the slack. Saving the state 40K in position cost, all they asked for was a 5k raise. My friend was told that didn't make sense.

Glad I am not as involved with that as I once was.

Living in Raleigh...I have lots of friends that work for the state in various departments. One buddy talks about how he's going to his boss' office for something and he's never there after 2pm because (he thinks), he's out looking for another job. So the workload is falling back on my buddy...the supervisor.

From DOT...to IT...to NCDENR...it's going to get crazy, but after the Medicare fiasco that's going on, I don't blame McCrory's initiatives.

You solve these problems and then we CAN pay teacher's more....or hire more police/fire.

Living in Raleigh...I have lots of friends that work for the state in various departments. One buddy talks about how he's going to his boss' office for something and he's never there after 2pm because (he thinks), he's out looking for another job. So the workload is falling back on my buddy...the supervisor.

From DOT...to IT...to NCDENR...it's going to get crazy, but after the Medicare fiasco that's going on, I don't blame McCrory's initiatives.

You solve these problems and then we CAN pay teacher's more....or hire more police/fire.

Agreed. Cut out some of the stupid upper management types, and get some more money and scrutiny on the teachers.

FF's and Police are and should be local.

Agreed. Cut out some of the stupid upper management types, and get some more money and scrutiny on the teachers.

FF's and Police are and should be local.

That's just it, they cut the grunts not the leaders.

This state takes in far too much money to be broke. I agree a top-down overhaul is in order.