Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

g5jamz

McCrory stepped into a world of crap left by 100yrs of democrat rule

105 posts in this topic

We do it so you wouldn't be robbed by some starving-nothing-to-lose American in 12 months.

We do it so you wouldn't be robbed by some starving-nothing-to-lose American in 12 months.

I'm sure he has a gun to take care of that problem.

Pat and his buddies are now setting their sights on the planning and development conditions on the coast. Apparently they think the commissions no longer need expert opinions on the board that are not involved in real estate development. Hell, they don't think the board members even need to live in the state of North Carolina.

This bill is a gift to real estate developers that will allow them to pretty much develop the coasts at will. This bill goes along nicely with Bev's bill that allows insurance companies to charge all homeowners more to subsidize their losses for coastal homes that receive hurricane damage.

Pat is just as clueless as what we had before, but he's showing early on that he may be more destructive.

Who's going to be on the board.

I'm always amazed that people EXPECT to be taken care of by governments when they hit holes in the road.

We don't have the money, but you expect it anyway.

So the government pushed Americans to "buy, buy, buy" in the 90's and early 2000's (homes, cars, etc), and now wants to cut weekly unemployment to a laughable 350 a week? Can you seriously sit there on your keyboard and say that 350 a week is going to help keep a family afloat with mortgage payments, car payments, ridiculous grocery bills, and an increase in Duke Power bills? That is why it's there, to keep people from going in the deep end. Shouldn't we help our citizens from going further into debt during that tough time (debt, which got us into this whole mess)? White collar crime was the cause and yet blue collars are paying the price now? Of course some people abuse it, just like everything. Does that mean you should make it almost impossible on the 8/10 people that use it correctly?

It can take weeks and weeks, even months (usually longer) to find a job. Do you want someone that has these bills to go work for ANYTHING that is thrown at them and get in.... more debt? Will that really help the economy? No, it puts MORE power into companies that have the advantage over desperate workers. We need to raise minimum wage but yet ole' Pat wants to lower unemployment?

What this does is essentially put MORE people in debt, makes things in the country worse, gives more power to the rich, forces citizens to drain their savings and 401k's just to pay some bills and eliminate the ability to save, not to mention creating even more welfare recipients (which I know republicans love).

And don't even start that "expect to be taken care of". This is something that is needed for the good of the country. I pay for YOUR children to go to public school even though I don't have a child of my own. Why don't I get a choice in that? I always love right wingers who bash unemployment and welfare but when things come to a halt for them they are the FIRST people signing up for it and using it.

Who's going to be on the board.

http://www.charlotte...-resources.html

Even if this is done with the right thing in mind (which I don't believe it is), it opens things up for developers to make policy decisions about coastal oversight.

One thing Sandy should have shown us (not that it wasn't already known) is that barrier islands are there for a reason and its not for houses.

So the government pushed Americans to "buy, buy, buy" in the 90's and early 2000's (homes, cars, etc), and now wants to cut weekly unemployment to a laughable 350 a week? Can you seriously sit there on your keyboard and say that 350 a week is going to help keep a family afloat with mortgage payments, car payments, ridiculous grocery bills, and an increase in Duke Power bills? That is why it's there, to keep people from going in the deep end. Shouldn't we help our citizens from going further into debt during that tough time (debt, which got us into this whole mess)? White collar crime was the cause and yet blue collars are paying the price now? Of course some people abuse it, just like everything. Does that mean you should make it almost impossible on the 8/10 people that use it correctly?

It can take weeks and weeks, even months (usually longer) to find a job. Do you want someone that has these bills to go work for ANYTHING that is thrown at them and get in.... more debt? Will that really help the economy? No, it puts MORE power into companies that have the advantage over desperate workers. We need to raise minimum wage but yet ole' Pat wants to lower unemployment?

What this does is essentially put MORE people in debt, makes things in the country worse, gives more power to the rich, forces citizens to drain their savings and 401k's just to pay some bills and eliminate the ability to save, not to mention creating even more welfare recipients (which I know republicans love).

And don't even start that "expect to be taken care of". This is something that is needed for the good of the country. I pay for YOUR children to go to public school even though I don't have a child of my own. Why don't I get a choice in that? I always love right wingers who bash unemployment and welfare but when things come to a halt for them they are the FIRST people signing up for it and using it.

The get a f*cking job there are always opportunity's out there were you can make $500 measly dollars a week its just a matter of if you are willing to take the position.

This is a laughable post at best. The government pushed us to buy cars and homes.....hahahahaha. Good stuff.

Uncle Sam wants YOU to buy a house and a BMW....TODAY. Be an American.

Should these folks be taught a little lesson in financial responsibility, and the thought that debt is not the answer? Or should we (the government) come swooping down and make sure that they can get a job with the same pay scale as the last one?

This entire country from the top to the bottom needed/needs some lessons on finance.

P.S. you know that you can sell the cars. Sell the homes. Sell the TV's. Get rid of the $200 per month cell phone bills for everyone in the family. It sucks, but that's what happens when you are leveraged up to your eyeballs.

The get a f*cking job there are always opportunity's out there were you can make $500 measly dollars a week its just a matter of if you are willing to take the position.

Yeah that is simply just not true. I know a few people that would work for 300 a week but there are hardly any jobs out there. Try again. Even fast food jobs have stupid competitiveness right now.

Depends where people live. In a major city, sure, the opportunity is there for those that want it. In country areas where there are few companies, there are few opportunities for even bad jobs and its not like people can just up and move when they have no money and nowhere to live in a new place. I have a lot of poor family in WV that always mentions that they'd love to move, but its not really very easy. They live paycheck to paycheck and cannot afford to simply pack up their lives and move to where there are more opportunities.

Another problem is if you take a full time job making crap wages, it makes it very difficult to actually interview for a job you really do want. If you have to be at work during regular business hours, it makes it damn near impossible to interview for a job somewhere else. Few companies are going to give you a day off after a short period of employment so you can go interview elsewhere.

If you skip work, you get fired and may no longer be eligible for unemployment meaning you have no income at all.