#16 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,970 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

or did you get the city and the state confused. If so tell your handlers to explain to you the difference.

And once again, you prove that you have the reading comprehension and intelligence of a small rodent....the money is coming from the city, not the state.

Raleigh, N.C. — North Carolina should not put state tax dollars into the Carolina Panthers stadium in Charlotte but could vote to authorize a rise in the local sales tax, House Speaker Thom Tillis said Tuesday.
During a news conference with reporters in Raleigh, Tillis was asked whether he had met with Panthers owner Jerry Richardson.

"Every month, I probably have an opportunity to meet two or three times with major businesses in North Carolina that are considering moving somewhere else, and that is a very real possibility for the Panthers," said Tillis, R-Mecklenburg. He added, "They create some 4,400 direct jobs, and some 1,500 indirect jobs. They are a major employer in North Carolina
."
Tillis described discussions with the team as "preliminary" but said he has taken one avenue for state support out of the discussion.

"I've been clear with the Panthers organization that it is not appropriate to have state taxpayer dollars go directly into the stadium," Tillis said.

http://www.wral.com/...adium/12039139/

#17 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,194 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

That was a week ago.

This was from yesterday.

http://www.charlotte...senate-gop.html

RALEIGH Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson returned to Raleigh Tuesday to pitch his bid for state help in a planned stadium renovation.
Senate Republican Leader Phil Berger of Rockingham County declined to specify what he and Richardson discussed, only that he told him, “We’re interested in the Panthers.”
Berger was the last of the key state leaders Richardson has met with in his effort to get around $62 million in state help for the planned $250 million renovation. Last month he met with Gov. Pat McCrory and House Speaker Thom Tillis, both Republicans. Jim Morrill

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

So help me find out where "The State" said it is not giving any money. Surely if "The State" came out and said that Jerry Richardson would not still be meeting with key state leaders as of yesterday,

Go be dumb somewhere else

#18 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

The state never said they weren't giving money. Several republican senators said they were not in favor of it, but I imagine they'll change their mind if Jerry decides to book a vacation in LA.

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

The state never said they weren't giving money. Several republican senators said they were not in favor of it, but I imagine they'll change their mind if Jerry decides to book a vacation in LA.

Fwiw, it was the speaker who said it. He is farily influential in such matters.

But my impression was that the Panthers wouldn't get any money out of general funding, but they might find some others ways to help, perhaps in the form of tax breaks.

Fwiw, if it becomes necessary, I hope the state does assist in refurbishing the stadium.

#20 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,826 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Gut it.

Deep.

#21 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,970 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

That was a week ago.

This was from yesterday.

http://www.charlotte...senate-gop.html

So help me find out where "The State" said it is not giving any money. Surely if "The State" came out and said that Jerry Richardson would not still be meeting with key state leaders as of yesterday,

Go be dumb somewhere else

The article I quoted stated that they were not interested in giving State money for the stadium.....your quote said they met (and nothing more).

You can just stay here and be dumb....it is amusing to the rest of us.

#22 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,194 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

So one guys opinion is the state?

Where is the hotel tax?

Tell your handlers that I appreciate all the work that they do.

#23 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,136 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

Yes...the guy (house speaker) that controls what comes to a vote is a pretty big opinion on what the heck happens.

That doesn't mean the state can't just give taxing authority to Mecklenberg to do to its citizens whatever they want....it just will not come from state coffers.

#24 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,308 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Gut it.

Deep.

Easy there....

#25 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,826 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Easy there....

High paid professors/administrators/whatthefugthey call themselves on UNC College campuses.

Highway patrol could probably get an extra year or two out of the cars they drive.

Protect the employees that are already hired, but future hires do not get full lifetime benefits.

There is money out there, and tons of it. Make this state an economic powerhouse.

#26 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,308 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

High paid professors/administrators/whatthefugthey call themselves on UNC College campuses.

Highway patrol could probably get an extra year or two out of the cars they drive.

Protect the employees that are already hired, but future hires do not get full lifetime benefits.

There is money out there, and tons of it. Make this state an economic powerhouse.

Department of Ed is a disaster, it needs a cleaning from top down. Google the Education Building in Raleigh, its made of pink Marble....

NCDENR has a reckoning coming as well, they sneered at Repubs, now a worst case scenario from an Environmental standpoint as it will likely be gutted and rendered powerless. See: Fracking

and then everything you said.

I just hope they leave Health and Human Services and things like that alone. I knew of a guy that had a boss who went from a 35K job to a 75K job.
This job was to supervise 6 people, who worked independently. They DIDNT NEED SUPERVISION. They could have reported to a higher up. One of his 6 resigned, so two others offered to pick up the slack. Saving the state 40K in position cost, all they asked for was a 5k raise. My friend was told that didn't make sense.

Glad I am not as involved with that as I once was.

#27 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,136 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Living in Raleigh...I have lots of friends that work for the state in various departments. One buddy talks about how he's going to his boss' office for something and he's never there after 2pm because (he thinks), he's out looking for another job. So the workload is falling back on my buddy...the supervisor.

From DOT...to IT...to NCDENR...it's going to get crazy, but after the Medicare fiasco that's going on, I don't blame McCrory's initiatives.

You solve these problems and then we CAN pay teacher's more....or hire more police/fire.

#28 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,826 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Living in Raleigh...I have lots of friends that work for the state in various departments. One buddy talks about how he's going to his boss' office for something and he's never there after 2pm because (he thinks), he's out looking for another job. So the workload is falling back on my buddy...the supervisor.

From DOT...to IT...to NCDENR...it's going to get crazy, but after the Medicare fiasco that's going on, I don't blame McCrory's initiatives.

You solve these problems and then we CAN pay teacher's more....or hire more police/fire.

Agreed. Cut out some of the stupid upper management types, and get some more money and scrutiny on the teachers.

FF's and Police are and should be local.

#29 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,308 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

Agreed. Cut out some of the stupid upper management types, and get some more money and scrutiny on the teachers.

FF's and Police are and should be local.

That's just it, they cut the grunts not the leaders.

#30 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,356 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

This state takes in far too much money to be broke. I agree a top-down overhaul is in order.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.