• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#11 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Commission heads, appointees, etc are being gutted...not necessarily Susie work processor. I'm glad that our democrat auditor is doing her job. Our state is horrid in how it's handling Medicare payouts.

Certainly wasn't last year.
They fired the grunts and the chiefs gave themselves raises, preparing for this year most likely.

Thats how they "streamlined" gov.

They = State Legislators in general.

#12 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

I was just wondering how the Democrats managed to control everything in North Carolina for a hundred years with no Republicans involved.

#13 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

The lower unemployment will help offset the money he is going to send Jerry Richardson

Except that the state has already said that it is NOT giving money for the stadium...that is coming from the hotel tax.

Way to be ignorantly and categorically wrong.....AGAIN

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Except that the state has already said that it is NOT giving money for the stadium...that is coming from the hotel tax.

Way to be ignorantly and categorically wrong.....AGAIN

The state said that?

Do you have a link where the state said they are NOT giving money for the stadium?

I would love to be ignorantly and categorically wrong in this case.

I will await a response.

#15 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

or did you get the city and the state confused. If so tell your handlers to explain to you the difference.

#16 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

or did you get the city and the state confused. If so tell your handlers to explain to you the difference.

And once again, you prove that you have the reading comprehension and intelligence of a small rodent....the money is coming from the city, not the state.

Raleigh, N.C. — North Carolina should not put state tax dollars into the Carolina Panthers stadium in Charlotte but could vote to authorize a rise in the local sales tax, House Speaker Thom Tillis said Tuesday.
During a news conference with reporters in Raleigh, Tillis was asked whether he had met with Panthers owner Jerry Richardson.

"Every month, I probably have an opportunity to meet two or three times with major businesses in North Carolina that are considering moving somewhere else, and that is a very real possibility for the Panthers," said Tillis, R-Mecklenburg. He added, "They create some 4,400 direct jobs, and some 1,500 indirect jobs. They are a major employer in North Carolina
."
Tillis described discussions with the team as "preliminary" but said he has taken one avenue for state support out of the discussion.

"I've been clear with the Panthers organization that it is not appropriate to have state taxpayer dollars go directly into the stadium," Tillis said.

http://www.wral.com/...adium/12039139/

#17 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

That was a week ago.

This was from yesterday.

http://www.charlotte...senate-gop.html

RALEIGH Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson returned to Raleigh Tuesday to pitch his bid for state help in a planned stadium renovation.
Senate Republican Leader Phil Berger of Rockingham County declined to specify what he and Richardson discussed, only that he told him, “We’re interested in the Panthers.”
Berger was the last of the key state leaders Richardson has met with in his effort to get around $62 million in state help for the planned $250 million renovation. Last month he met with Gov. Pat McCrory and House Speaker Thom Tillis, both Republicans. Jim Morrill

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

So help me find out where "The State" said it is not giving any money. Surely if "The State" came out and said that Jerry Richardson would not still be meeting with key state leaders as of yesterday,

Go be dumb somewhere else

#18 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

The state never said they weren't giving money. Several republican senators said they were not in favor of it, but I imagine they'll change their mind if Jerry decides to book a vacation in LA.

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

The state never said they weren't giving money. Several republican senators said they were not in favor of it, but I imagine they'll change their mind if Jerry decides to book a vacation in LA.

Fwiw, it was the speaker who said it. He is farily influential in such matters.

But my impression was that the Panthers wouldn't get any money out of general funding, but they might find some others ways to help, perhaps in the form of tax breaks.

Fwiw, if it becomes necessary, I hope the state does assist in refurbishing the stadium.

#20 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Gut it.

Deep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users