Photo
- - - - -

McCrory stepped into a world of crap left by 100yrs of democrat rule

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#25 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Easy there....

High paid professors/administrators/whatthefugthey call themselves on UNC College campuses.

Highway patrol could probably get an extra year or two out of the cars they drive.

Protect the employees that are already hired, but future hires do not get full lifetime benefits.

There is money out there, and tons of it. Make this state an economic powerhouse.

#26 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

High paid professors/administrators/whatthefugthey call themselves on UNC College campuses.

Highway patrol could probably get an extra year or two out of the cars they drive.

Protect the employees that are already hired, but future hires do not get full lifetime benefits.

There is money out there, and tons of it. Make this state an economic powerhouse.

Department of Ed is a disaster, it needs a cleaning from top down. Google the Education Building in Raleigh, its made of pink Marble....

NCDENR has a reckoning coming as well, they sneered at Repubs, now a worst case scenario from an Environmental standpoint as it will likely be gutted and rendered powerless. See: Fracking

and then everything you said.

I just hope they leave Health and Human Services and things like that alone. I knew of a guy that had a boss who went from a 35K job to a 75K job.
This job was to supervise 6 people, who worked independently. They DIDNT NEED SUPERVISION. They could have reported to a higher up. One of his 6 resigned, so two others offered to pick up the slack. Saving the state 40K in position cost, all they asked for was a 5k raise. My friend was told that didn't make sense.

Glad I am not as involved with that as I once was.

#27 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Living in Raleigh...I have lots of friends that work for the state in various departments. One buddy talks about how he's going to his boss' office for something and he's never there after 2pm because (he thinks), he's out looking for another job. So the workload is falling back on my buddy...the supervisor.

From DOT...to IT...to NCDENR...it's going to get crazy, but after the Medicare fiasco that's going on, I don't blame McCrory's initiatives.

You solve these problems and then we CAN pay teacher's more....or hire more police/fire.

#28 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Living in Raleigh...I have lots of friends that work for the state in various departments. One buddy talks about how he's going to his boss' office for something and he's never there after 2pm because (he thinks), he's out looking for another job. So the workload is falling back on my buddy...the supervisor.

From DOT...to IT...to NCDENR...it's going to get crazy, but after the Medicare fiasco that's going on, I don't blame McCrory's initiatives.

You solve these problems and then we CAN pay teacher's more....or hire more police/fire.

Agreed. Cut out some of the stupid upper management types, and get some more money and scrutiny on the teachers.

FF's and Police are and should be local.

#29 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

Agreed. Cut out some of the stupid upper management types, and get some more money and scrutiny on the teachers.

FF's and Police are and should be local.

That's just it, they cut the grunts not the leaders.

#30 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

This state takes in far too much money to be broke. I agree a top-down overhaul is in order.

#31 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

U GUYZ BLAMING BUSH AGAIN??!!! IT'S ALWAYS THE LAST GUYS FAULT!!!

Oh. The last person was democrat? Well, game on then.

#32 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

U GUYZ BLAMING BUSH AGAIN??!!! IT'S ALWAYS THE LAST GUYS FAULT!!!

Oh. The last person was democrat? Well, game on then.

Nope, blaming self serving politicians.

I didn't really see any name calling going on in this thread.

That said, I have little faith that the republicans will do any major slicing, and no faith what so ever that the democrats would have.

#33 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

That's just it, they cut the grunts not the leaders.

No...that's the liberal meme. Anytime there are budget cuts, liberals threaten teachers, fire, and police...not administrators and increased oversight/audits.

Medicare audit is perfect example how farked up NC was.

#34 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

No...that's the liberal meme. Anytime there are budget cuts, liberals threaten teachers, fire, and police...not administrators and increased oversight/audits.

Medicare audit is perfect example how farked up NC was.

No that's a fact.

Trust me, That is a fact

#35 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Title of this thread is misleading. Those elements that have run this state for the last 150 years are still in charge. They have just gradually changed party affiliation, not their core beliefs.

#36 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

You could not be more wrong. The Basnights, the Easleys, the Hunts, etc have finally been removed. Old corrupt house leaders sent to jail and removed (Black). Oversight finally being done in certain departments. Commissions where political favors were done are being gutted. Bartlett will be removed soon I bet...