104 replies to this topic

#91 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Obama could've gotten rid of the Bush tax cuts. Remember taxmageddon? He could've just let them expire.

If you're going to live in the past...then face up to the ball-less president we have now who'd rather have someone to blame and not face up to any issue we have now...unless it's a special interest issue.

Case in point. The speech he gave today was nothing more than scaremongering about the sequester process that HE brought on. He knew he'd never have to be held accountable. But that's federal...this is state.

#92 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

You are not very smart. Obama suggested the sequester as a way to force Republicans to deal, the Republicans accepted thinking that they'd be dealing with Mitt Romney on it now, and they lost the bet. Suck it up, you loser chumps. Your plan, which consisted solely of "defeat Obama at any cost" failed miserably, pay the piper.

#93 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Depends where people live. In a major city, sure, the opportunity is there for those that want it. In country areas where there are few companies, there are few opportunities for even bad jobs and its not like people can just up and move when they have no money and nowhere to live in a new place. I have a lot of poor family in WV that always mentions that they'd love to move, but its not really very easy. They live paycheck to paycheck and cannot afford to simply pack up their lives and move to where there are more opportunities.

Another problem is if you take a full time job making crap wages, it makes it very difficult to actually interview for a job you really do want. If you have to be at work during regular business hours, it makes it damn near impossible to interview for a job somewhere else. Few companies are going to give you a day off after a short period of employment so you can go interview elsewhere.

If you skip work, you get fired and may no longer be eligible for unemployment meaning you have no income at all.

I worked in the car business for a couple years dealers are ALWAYS hiring salesmen, you can liberality be terrible at it sell nothing at all for three months and sit there on your ass and collect $8-$10 an hour 50 hours a week and make more than that..

I have seen people that do this and just go to anther dealer and repeat...

#94 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

I hope they don't give Odumba jack poo....

Let him pay the piper.

#95 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

I worked in the car business for a couple years dealers are ALWAYS hiring salesmen, you can liberality be terrible at it sell nothing at all for three months and sit there on your ass and collect $8-$10 an hour 50 hours a week and make more than that..

Interesting. My brother sold cars for a decade. The only way they made money (and this was at Ford, Hyundai, Toyota, biggest dealerships in Charlotte) was to sale. It was 100% commission only. That is why they hire EVERYONE because it's no sweat off their back, they only pay when you sale. Maybe things have changed since you were there, or you had a good situation?? Not to mention you have to spend money on clothes, dress clothes, shoes, suits, ties, etc.

What I really get is, you are "cool" with taking a job and not doing the job, essentially ... stealing money? Exactly what republicans call unemployment basically and welfare.

#96 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Interesting. My brother sold cars for a decade. The only way they made money (and this was at Ford, Hyundai, Toyota, biggest dealerships in Charlotte) was to sale. It was 100% commission only. That is why they hire EVERYONE because it's no sweat off their back, they only pay when you sale. Maybe things have changed since you were there, or you had a good situation?? Not to mention you have to spend money on clothes, dress clothes, shoes, suits, ties, etc.

What I really get is, you are "cool" with taking a job and not doing the job, essentially ... stealing money? Exactly what republicans call unemployment basically and welfare.

I'm so "Cool" with it that I fired them the second there three month probationary period was up.

The car business is 100% commission however if you suck and can't sell you get hourly...

I was a salesman for three years.... for people that work hard you can make 100k a year easy even today.

Also almost no dealers require you to were suits anymore, a pair of $20 black slacks some cheap dress shoes and dealer provided shirts will suffice.

Also the proper term is to "Sell".

#97 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

I'm sure 1 out of every 200 salesman 100k year. Especially in this economy. I've only heard of dealerships paying min. wage while salesmen learn the ropes. Silly example that just isn't true. Not to mention there is a very small % of the population that can "sell". But maybe you should call the Charlotte Observer so they can write up an article and point every jobless person to their nearest dealership to sit around for 3 months at a time, this sounds like a valid way to fix the economy.

#98 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Again, everyone doesn't live in an area where that is a realistic option.

For some of my family members, the closest big dealerships are an hours drive away. There are some small used car lots around, but those places don't employ more than a handful of employees.

In some areas, there are literally no options for people. Rural America is dying a slow death, but many people refuse to acknowledge that and cannot or will not leave. Instead they wait for the jobs that are never coming back to return.

#99 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Point out that that 350 is before taxes, you can choose to not take taxes out, but you'll end up paying at the end of the year. So it's more like 265 or so.

#100 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'm sure 1 out of every 200 salesman 100k year. Especially in this economy. I've only heard of dealerships paying min. wage while salesmen learn the ropes. Silly example that just isn't true. Not to mention there is a very small % of the population that can "sell". But maybe you should call the Charlotte Observer so they can write up an article and point every jobless person to their nearest dealership to sit around for 3 months at a time, this sounds like a valid way to fix the economy.

I speak from personal experience.

I made well over 100k three years in a row as a salesman, my last year doing it I was the #3 Honda Salesman in the country... earned me a nice promotion along with a awesome salary.

But your right for the unskilled untalented people that are a useless to our society leaching the government is defiantly the way to go.

I live in Raleigh why the fug would I call the Charlotte observer?

#101 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

I speak from personal experience.

I made well over 100k three years in a row as a salesman, my last year doing it I was the #3 Honda Salesman in the country... earned me a nice promotion along with a awesome salary.

But your right for the unskilled untalented people that are a useless to our society leaching the government is defiantly the way to go.

I live in Raleigh why the fug would I call the Charlotte observer?

Call ANY paper and tell them your secrets, are you too thick to understand that point?

Good for you, you made money selling cars in this economy. Like I said, you are probably 1 in 200 that can say they have done that. Completely unrealistic for the normal American. I didn't even say anything about "Unskilled" workers, you are the one that hired them and fired them over and over? It takes a "special" person to be a cars salesman not everyone is able to do it.

It is people like you, with your "I make 100k a year, anyone can, they need no help!" ideas that are ruining this country and allowing the CEO-to-employee gap to increase to a 1950 and earlier level.

#102 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Plus they hire anyone because only 1 out of 200 are worth a damn. It's a numbers game

I sold cars. Did really well. Didn't want to make a career of it though.

#103 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Call ANY paper and tell them your secrets, are you too thick to understand that point?

Good for you, you made money selling cars in this economy. Like I said, you are probably 1 in 200 that can say they have done that. Completely unrealistic for the normal American. I didn't even say anything about "Unskilled" workers, you are the one that hired them and fired them over and over? It takes a "special" person to be a cars salesman not everyone is able to do it.

It is people like you, with your "I make 100k a year, anyone can, they need no help!" ideas that are ruining this country and allowing the CEO-to-employee gap to increase to a 1950 and earlier level.

I understand your point of view.

The point I'm making is they should acquire a skill something to set them apart.

There really is so sure fire secret to being a salesman in my experience either you have "It" or you don't.

What sets you apart is the desire and ability to think on your feet and adapt to the situation.

#104 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Plus they hire anyone because only 1 out of 200 are worth a damn. It's a numbers game

I sold cars. Did really well. Didn't want to make a career of it though.

This I did it until last year when I finished my degree. (in something useful)

#105 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Man you are some kind of genius.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com