Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brentson Buckner named DL Coach for Cardinals

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Congrats to a former Panther on his start on the sidelines as a Coach... and the lowered frequency of hearing him on 610 makes me equally as happy. :)

Posted

Congratulations Buckner! He was part of a darn good DL back then. Much luck!

Posted

Pie to anyone that can find the video of him dancing on that NFL network commercial from like ten years ago.

Edit: NVM I found it...

Posted

Big congrats. Was a big fan of his when he was on our squad. I still get chills thinking about that d-line we had in 03

Posted

Brentson was the "smart" one on the best defensive line the Panthers ever had. Hope he can translate that to the sideline.

Yeah he was very smart. For him to play our nose successfully at his size was impressive. It was in a 4-3 defense yes but he held the point of attack while Jenkins and our D ends were able to get the sacks and tackles for loss.

Posted

If you ever seen him and heard him miked up on the sidelines he is a total leader and will make a great coach. He was a near washed up veteran when he arrived to the Panthers and really took the line another notch. I felt Dwan and Ron did this as they held up so having veteran DTs is okay with me if we get a similar performance of this season.

Rarely do the Ngatas, Wilforks, Raji, Suh's come along. High injury position with high bust rate would make me avoid it like Hurney...I just would never have avoided it in FA.