Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNCrules2187

Giants release DT Chris Canty

89 posts in this topic

doesn't mean he's gonna be getting anywhere close to what he was getting.

if canty is more talented than edwards and gettleman likes him and we have no obligation to dwan...we should absolutely pick him up.

and dwan wasn't good against the run. against the pass, yes, but not the run. canty is good at both.

So let me get this straight. Some of you would rather have Canty. Who's coming off a leg injury, knee to be exact. Over Dwan Edwards who solidified our Line and helped it become better? The guy who was just released to make room for the Giants Cap. I'm going to let that one simmer in your brains for a minute. Yes, that's right. LET GO to make room for the cap.

the circumstances dictated his being let go, but that doesn't mean he's going to pick up the same kind of money here. other articles have indicated he has little leverage power. and in our defensive situation where our best cornerback may be a cap casualty and we face huge questions at safety, anything we can do to improve that pass rush up front should be considered a priority.

dwan is good, but he is not great. if we can improve at the position we should do it, by all means.

1 person likes this

UT/NT who cares. thats just too much specialization.put a big fat ass in the middle. bring him on.

Btw,Dwan's run defense is terrible.

the circumstances dictated his being let go, but that doesn't mean he's going to pick up the same kind of money here. other articles have indicated he has little leverage power. and in our defensive situation where our best cornerback may be a cap casualty and we face huge questions at safety, anything we can do to improve that pass rush up front should be considered a priority.

dwan is good, but he is not great. if we can improve at the position we should do it, by all means.

I understand that the chance of coming to Charlotte is moderate, mainly because of our GM. I sincerely doubt he does for the sole reasons that 1 he's not been healthly and 2 our Cap isn't going to allow any transactions to develop, not at it's current state.

The Edwards that needs replacing is the NT and the WR. Not the UT. Just my 2 cents. Dwan was actually great. Sure he was a liability in the run but you want that inside pass pressure that he did provide. At this point I'm not sure we'll be able to retain Dwan either seeing as how the cap is currently. Dwan would probably be cheaper than Canty. And much more reliable given that he isn't coming off a knee injury.

Gettleman's arguably in a better position than anyone to know what he is - or isn't - worth.

The Edwards that needs replacing is the NT and the WR. Not the UT. Just my 2 cents. Dwan was actually great. Sure he was a liability in the run but you want that inside pass pressure that he did provide. At this point I'm not sure we'll be able to retain Dwan either seeing as how the cap is currently. Dwan would probably be cheaper than Canty. And much more reliable given that he isn't coming off a knee injury.

One didn't play an entire season.

The other just had a career year.

Please keep in mind that we talked about using more 3-4 looks this year and Canty has experience as a 3-4 DE...

Even as a 4-3 UT, he would be a very nice addition, no reason why we couldn't squeeze him in on a one year contract and see what he's got.

Gettleman's arguably in a better position than anyone to know what he is - or isn't - worth.

Captain Obvious took over your account huh?

please let this happen.

I really hope this happens, it'll give us a chance to address other needs in the draft. Seems like a perfect fit once we make some cap space