#47 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,565 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

off Rotoworld
[/size]
so hes a UFA and should be pretty cheap for a 1 year deal which we could squeeze in. Since only the top 51 salaries count towards the cap a year deal for like 3 mil or something would be easy peasy lemon squeezy.

the one year deals are what we'll be seeing a lot of the next few years and i have no problem with that.

#48 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Jordan Matthews Bandwagon.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,013 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

So let me get this straight. Some of you would rather have Canty. Who's coming off a leg injury, knee to be exact. Over Dwan Edwards who solidified our Line and helped it become better? The guy who was just released to make room for the Giants Cap. I'm going to let that one simmer in your brains for a minute. Yes, that's right. LET GO to make room for the cap.

#49 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,565 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

doesn't mean he's gonna be getting anywhere close to what he was getting.

if canty is more talented than edwards and gettleman likes him and we have no obligation to dwan...we should absolutely pick him up.

and dwan wasn't good against the run. against the pass, yes, but not the run. canty is good at both.

#50 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,694 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

So let me get this straight. Some of you would rather have Canty. Who's coming off a leg injury, knee to be exact. Over Dwan Edwards who solidified our Line and helped it become better? The guy who was just released to make room for the Giants Cap. I'm going to let that one simmer in your brains for a minute. Yes, that's right. LET GO to make room for the cap.

the circumstances dictated his being let go, but that doesn't mean he's going to pick up the same kind of money here. other articles have indicated he has little leverage power. and in our defensive situation where our best cornerback may be a cap casualty and we face huge questions at safety, anything we can do to improve that pass rush up front should be considered a priority.

dwan is good, but he is not great. if we can improve at the position we should do it, by all means.

#51 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,518 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Done deal to Charlotte

#52 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

i want to have Ronda Rousey's children

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

UT/NT who cares. thats just too much specialization.put a big fat ass in the middle. bring him on.

#53 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,080 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Btw,Dwan's run defense is terrible.

#54 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

• HUDDLER
  • 9,013 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

the circumstances dictated his being let go, but that doesn't mean he's going to pick up the same kind of money here. other articles have indicated he has little leverage power. and in our defensive situation where our best cornerback may be a cap casualty and we face huge questions at safety, anything we can do to improve that pass rush up front should be considered a priority.

dwan is good, but he is not great. if we can improve at the position we should do it, by all means.

I understand that the chance of coming to Charlotte is moderate, mainly because of our GM. I sincerely doubt he does for the sole reasons that 1 he's not been healthly and 2 our Cap isn't going to allow any transactions to develop, not at it's current state.

The Edwards that needs replacing is the NT and the WR. Not the UT. Just my 2 cents. Dwan was actually great. Sure he was a liability in the run but you want that inside pass pressure that he did provide. At this point I'm not sure we'll be able to retain Dwan either seeing as how the cap is currently. Dwan would probably be cheaper than Canty. And much more reliable given that he isn't coming off a knee injury.

#55 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,620 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Gettleman's arguably in a better position than anyone to know what he is - or isn't - worth.

#56 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

The Edwards that needs replacing is the NT and the WR. Not the UT. Just my 2 cents. Dwan was actually great. Sure he was a liability in the run but you want that inside pass pressure that he did provide. At this point I'm not sure we'll be able to retain Dwan either seeing as how the cap is currently. Dwan would probably be cheaper than Canty. And much more reliable given that he isn't coming off a knee injury.

One didn't play an entire season.
The other just had a career year.

#57 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,640 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Please keep in mind that we talked about using more 3-4 looks this year and Canty has experience as a 3-4 DE...

Even as a 4-3 UT, he would be a very nice addition, no reason why we couldn't squeeze him in on a one year contract and see what he's got.

#58 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

• HUDDLER
  • 9,013 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Gettleman's arguably in a better position than anyone to know what he is - or isn't - worth.

Captain Obvious took over your account huh?

#59 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

please let this happen.

#60 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

I really hope this happens, it'll give us a chance to address other needs in the draft. Seems like a perfect fit once we make some cap space

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.