88 replies to this topic

#76 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Probably between him and Anthony Morrow contending for most successful Latin Alum athlete. He could definitely help the middle of the D and free up space for Kuechly...but Dwan Edwards is also a FA and I have a feeling they'd keep him first over signing Canty.

#77 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

I don't think we're interested. Canty has knee issues and is not the player her used to be.

#78 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,645 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

I don't think we're interested. Canty has knee issues and is not the player her used to be.

He played the last 9 games and got better and better. He was not cut specifically because of the injury but because it saves them cap space and they have depth at DT.

#79 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Be careful assuming that because Gettleman is from the Giants that he likes everybody from the Giants. In fact, he's more likely than anybody to dislike obvious candidates from the Giants because he may know more than anybody else regarding their health, attitude, etc. that other people wouldn't.

#80 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

I have a particular Giant I'll be interested in seeing if we get: Kevin Boothe at OG

Also, It'll be interesting to see what happens at DT. Canty only makes sense if Dwan is gone.

I'd love to get Dwan back and do not believe its a given Ron is released. Having both of them back is still a possibility. We have Kearse who showed his worth at 1-tech along with Neblett and Chandler as backups. I'm not saying we don't need help, we do but everything depends on if we resign Dwan and release Edwards and of course our $$ situation.

#81 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,473 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

wait, leme get this straight, the guy was on pup, then got hurt again, hasnt played in like a year, and we want to sign him badly because?

He played in 9 of their last 10 games...

Played more than any of our DTs over the last 2 years

Is better tha n anyone we have had on our roster

#82 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hey, he's a name I've heard of. We should sign him.

#83 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,496 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Giants have cap trouble just like we do and they were going to inevitably cut some good talent in order to get under the cap just like we will have to.

I think Canty's worth a good look

#84 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

____Taint Week_____

• HUDDLER
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Who wouold we cut today to give us cap room to sign anyone?
Some of the really ugly cuts need to wait until June 1 don't they?

I think ya'll are dreamimg if you think Canty is going to get signed anytime soon.

#85 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,473 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Who wouold we cut today to give us cap room to sign anyone?
Some of the really ugly cuts need to wait until June 1 don't they?

I think ya'll are dreamimg if you think Canty is going to get signed anytime soon.

I think the new GM will start working on cap room for 2013 and more importantly 2014....soon. I don't expect him to slowly make room. I expect him to rip the band aid fast instead of pulling it off slowly. I think several guys not on the radar right now could be gone also. 2014 looks horrible as well....worse actually.

Canty is an older vet which means he likely sits out there for a bit

#86 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

i remember reading in multiple places that panthers signed dwan edwards to a 2 year deal last year, meaning he isn't a FA. can anyone confirm? there was also a feature on him on panthers.com that spoke extensively of him building on last season.

#87 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

____Taint Week_____

• HUDDLER
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

i remember reading in multiple places that panthers signed dwan edwards to a 2 year deal last year, meaning he isn't a FA. can anyone confirm? there was also a feature on him on panthers.com that spoke extensively of him building on last season.

Rotoworld says otherwise.

http://www.rotoworld...fl/car/panthers

#88 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,473 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

He is a FA

#89 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Rotoworld says otherwise.

http://www.rotoworld...fl/car/panthers

hmmm, rotoworld is generally on top of their stuff but they might have this one wrong. all i've got right now is the story on panthers.com posted today and my memory (for what little that's worth).

http://www.panthers....23-c6e3850315a5

"As I had time playing with some great guys like Ron (Edwards), Charles (Johnson) and Greg (Hardy), we definitely put something together," Edwards said. "And we should be able to going forward."

Best I can tell, his contract with Buffalo was due to finish at the end of this season, but he was cut and was a vested veteran, so the Panthers did not assume that contract when they signed him. perhaps rotoworld is going off that info, which is still listed on spotrac.com as his current contract (it's not). or perhaps i am remembering something totally imaginary and he's a FA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com