Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sign of things to come here? Giants cut Ahmad Bradshaw...also Chris Canty

60 posts in this topic

Posted

Also, in terms of "sign of things to come here," all of these guys gave immediate cap relief to the Giants. Again, cutting guys like DeAngelo and Beason does not offer us any cap relief, and we're already $10-$11m over the cap as it is.

true.

probably most cuts out of the gate will be those guys that won't hurt the cap much to cut.

Posted

I certainly hope we try trading DeAngelo before we just cut him.

Posted

I certainly hope we try trading DeAngelo before we just cut him.

I honestly think DeAngelo will be a Panther to at least start the season. May look at a midseason trade to see if anyone's starting back goes down and we can extract some value. Otherwise, I would think he'd be released after this season when the cap hit becomes more manageable.

Posted

Doubt it. They've got 2012 first round pick David Wilson and Panther killer RFA Andre Brown. Don't think they'll be looking to add anyone besides maybe a late-round draft choice.

fixed

Posted

Sounds like their cap was much better handled as far as contracts go.

Posted

Sounds like their cap was much better handled as far as contracts go.

a lot of it has to do with them not overvaluing the RB position like we do. they aren't afraid to cut loose before they get too expensive.

Posted

a lot of it has to do with them not overvaluing the RB position like we do. they aren't afraid to cut loose before they get too expensive.

Unless your name is adrian peterson, RBs are a dime a dozen nowadays.

Posted

It just seems like the structure is much better for some other teams contracts.

We have tons of dead money out there if we cut certain guys.

And as for the overvaluing of the RB position....that ain't the only one....LB too.

Posted

It just seems like the structure is much better for some other teams contracts.

We have tons of dead money out there if we cut certain guys.

And as for the overvaluing of the RB position....that ain't the only one....LB too.

i think that they are much better contracts there than here. pretty obvious, tbh.

we've pretty much sucked at it. for being so close to the cap year after year you'd think we'd have more to show for it.

here's hoping gettleman can get things right and get our priorities out of the 90's.

Posted

wouldn't be a bit surpised to see something like this being said about us before too long.

living proof of how much some people here over state the cap

Posted

one of the best times of the offseason every year is seeing every self proclaimed cap "expert" stunned when whatever horn they've been tooting for months is all of a sudden blown to pieces and they have no idea how it happened

"like zomg guys we can't cut a RB, Goodell will literally come and kidnap our cap and have relations with it and the mutant child that is birthed will be forced to be our new cap clearly you guys just don't understand how the cap works but I do because sheikh zulu told me how it did in that thread one time a couple years ago"

Posted

Hoping for.......

A good bit of restructuring (with others on the market early....that is good)

Shula making better use of our running backs