Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hypothetically in a 3-4

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Dear lord man - could we sticky a "why we will not transition to a 3-4" thread so this drivel will stop coming up?

Just because you have four good 4-3 backers you do not magically have four good 3-4 backers. Every LB and line spot is different in a 3-4 than a 4-3.

We do not have the personnel to run a 3-4.

No matter how much hard people try this will not change.

I just don't get it.

Posted

while our LB corps may not be ideal for a 3-4, Hardy and Johnson have proven all season that they do well on the inside. Especially on passing downs. Whether you guys want to admit it or not, Rivera is a 3-4 coach. Also this is potentially a rebuilding year and that could mean that Beason, Anderson or Heaven forbid, even Davis could be on his way out. I know all us old heads are used to a Panthers organization that pretty much doesn't change, but this is a new era. Organizations do change unexpectedly and at unexpected times. So get off your high horse.

Posted

Sweet bleeding Jesus Fucking Christ.

Posted

Dear lord man - could we sticky a "why we will not transition to a 3-4" thread so this drivel will stop coming up?

Just because you have four good 4-3 backers you do not magically have four good 3-4 backers. Every LB and line spot is different in a 3-4 than a 4-3.

No matter how much hard people try this will not change.

I just don't get it.

I'm not suggesting we do switch to a 34, but after seeing the Colts go from a 43 to a solid 34 in one year, I'm convinced almost any team could pull it off, given that the coaching staff has the know-how.

Posted

We must first trade up and draft Sandcastle with our first pick.

Posted

Anyone with a "we dont have the personal" response is full of fuging bullshit

Posted

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8931793/rob-ryan-lands-new-orleans-saints-work-1-month

Saints moving to a 3-4 under Rob Ryan.

Posted

I've stated this before, James Anderson would be a MLB in a 3-4, Davis would be an extremely undersized OLB in a 3-4. So essentially we have 4 3-4 MLB's ..... our OLB's would likely be Alexander and Charles Johnson. no way this becomes our permanent defense, we may show looks on passing situations - but that could just be a different blitzing scheme.

in essence stop trying to make the 3-4 happen its not