Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason a June 1st cut?

76 posts in this topic

Posted

If beason were cut june 1, his cap hit would be 4 million this year and 8 million next year from what I can tell. It would save us some money both years from his salary cap hits although there is 12 million in dead cap space.

Thanks. That is what I was wanting verification on.

Posted

What!!!!!

We are over the cap!!!!

When did this happen?

Believe it or not, you actually made me lol at this.

Posted

OK look at Dan Morgan.

Plus we cant afford to pay Beason to see if he ever comes back full strength.

Hurney sealed his fate.

I have a hunch he will be an impact player again, even at OLB. If we do cut him another team, prob a good one, will get a hell of a deal in my opinion.

Vilma going from the Jets to New Orleans is the worst case scenarion in Beason's case.

Posted

Like I've said, he better than James Anderson at OLB.

A healthy old version of Beason is...

He isn't better if not on the field. He isn't better at 80% than a 100% Anderson. Not with Luke calling the D IMO.

Posted

And we spent years waiting on the 2012 season for Davis...

Can Beason comeback? Sure. Hope he does. Question is, is it smart for Carolina to wait around for it when his job no longer exists?

We're losing players that could definitely go onto play a part in another team success without getting anything back

Posted

We're losing players that could definitely go onto play a part in another team success without getting anything back

All that matters is Carolina getting better...

Can't do anything about the bind Hurney put us in....just have to do the best we can to get better.

Posted

I have a hunch he will be an impact player again, even at OLB. If we do cut him another team, prob a good one, will get a hell of a deal in my opinion.

Vilma going from the Jets to New Orleans is the worst case scenarion in Beason's case.

That is ay possibility.

I'm sure the Saints also thought the same when they signed Dan Morgan when we finally cut him loose.

Posted

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Jon say how much he disliked playing OLB when he went back there a few years back? That's hard to just ignore and think it would be no problem. Plus, the guy does have coverage problems as much of a beast he is. I feel like everyone is trying to ignore when he went back to the outside under Fox and played actually quite underwhelming.

Its easy to just say he can slide on over but this may be the casualty that could be hard to accept and happens midst all of this speculation if the numbers mentioned are in fact true.

Posted

Certain people shouldn't be allowed to talk football.

2 people like this

Posted

http://www.derp/2013/1/27/3922826/the-salary-cap-situation

From this article it seems Beason as a June cut would only save 1.6 million this year. While Anderson would save 2.3 million. Obviously the question is health, but if Beason is thought to be fully healed, then we might as well try him out at OLB . Anderson has been underperforming since his contract and a healthy Beason would be a upgrade.

Posted

He is either going to have to restructure, or yeah he probably will be cut.

Posted

http://www.derp/2013/1/27/3922826/the-salary-cap-situation

From this article it seems Beason as a June cut would only save 1.6 million this year. While Anderson would save 2.3 million. Obviously the question is health, but if Beason is thought to be fully healed, then we might as well try him out at OLB . Anderson has been underperforming since his contract and a healthy Beason would be a upgrade.

Not saying it is wrong...but I don't get the math they use if it is a June 1 cut