#46 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

so whats the best case scenario if we restructure Beason contract? how much could we save if he agrees

#47 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Beason still has 12 m in signing bonuses as well as 3.75 m in guaranteed salary this up coming season. Cap hit would be 15.75 over two years. So 7.75 and 8 would be the hits.

according to an earlier post you subtract the base salary from the signing bonus, and then spread that figure over 2 years. So that would make his 12mil figure drop to 8.25 spread over 2 years that is 4.12 mil and 4.13mil

#48 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,998 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Deangelo might be the Jun 1 guy. I see Beason as a restructure along with Gross

#49 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

His contract wasn't crazy when he wasn't busted up :(

#50 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

His spot is not gone. Beason came into the NFL as an an OLB and not the MLB. People/Fans seam to forget that. Hes an slight upgrade over Anderson who has been a constant talent on the Defense. 2011 was for this Achilles tendon 2012 it was for his right knee and left shoulder. Two completely different issues and yes he can and will come back from that.

I think its so sad that you people praise him for his first 4 seasons and now think his basically crap due to injuries. The only reason he has 3 Pro Bowls and not 4 is due the teams horrible outing in 2010.

The question i have for Beason is, will he take a pay cut and move to OLB? Thats the question.

#51 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Hurney!!!

Posted Image

#52 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

I say we keep Beason. He was part of the 7th Floor crew. That was a special group...

#53 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

His spot is not gone. Beason came into the NFL as an an OLB and not the MLB. People/Fans seam to forget that. Hes an slight upgrade over Anderson who has been a constant talent on the Defense. 2011 was for this Achilles tendon 2012 it was for his right knee and left shoulder. Two completely different issues and yes he can and will come back from that.

I think its so sad that you people praise him for his first 4 seasons and now think his basically crap due to injuries. The only reason he has 3 Pro Bowls and not 4 is due the teams horrible outing in 2010.

The question i have for Beason is, will he take a pay cut and move to OLB? Thats the question.

Didn't forget anything. Doesn't matter that he played his first couple games as a rookie at OLB. Beason is a MLB. He was our MLB. His job is now gone.

You don't pay huge money to an injury plagued question mark to play OLB (a spot he doesn't play as well as his most natural fit).

It may be 2014 before Beason is back in form. It was unrealistic to think Beason would comeback in 2012 and be back in form......and it is unrealistic to assume he will be back to being the old Beason in 2013.

What is sad is Beason got hurt. I am a Panther fan though. I don't want them allowing everyone the opportunities Thomas Davis got. Can't win doing that.

Might as well look in the draft to find a long term solution to OLB (doesn't have to be a high pick or even this year)....Beason by his own words at 100% isn't even close to Thomas Davis at 100% at OLB. Find a pass rusher for the future to play next to Luke. That isn't Beason. Need to start investing real money in other areas not named LB and RB. Jon, if he ever gets healthy, would be the 2nd best LB on a 4-3 D.....he shouldn't be getting paid.

#54 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

according to an earlier post you subtract the base salary from the signing bonus, and then spread that figure over 2 years. So that would make his 12mil figure drop to 8.25 spread over 2 years that is 4.12 mil and 4.13mil

Oh my.

#55 Guest_FredLane4Ever_*

Guest_FredLane4Ever_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

I say we keep Beason. He was part of the 7th Floor crew. That was a special group...

Lol. Exactly.

#56 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Lol. Exactly.

I wonder how many guys on here know what I'm talking about haha

G-Reg also a member

#57 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Didn't forget anything. Doesn't matter that he played his first couple games as a rookie at OLB. Beason is a MLB. He was our MLB. His job is now gone.

You don't pay huge money to an injury plagued question mark to play OLB (a spot he doesn't play as well as his most natural fit).

It may be 2014 before Beason is back in form. It was unrealistic to think Beason would comeback in 2012 and be back in form......and it is unrealistic to assume he will be back to being the old Beason in 2013.

What is sad is Beason got hurt. I am a Panther fan though. I don't want them allowing everyone the opportunities Thomas Davis got. Can't win doing that.

Might as well look in the draft to find a long term solution to OLB (doesn't have to be a high pick or even this year)....Beason by his own words at 100% isn't even close to Thomas Davis at 100% at OLB. Find a pass rusher for the future to play next to Luke. That isn't Beason. Need to start investing real money in other areas not named LB and RB. Jon, if he ever gets healthy, would be the 2nd best LB on a 4-3 D.....he shouldn't be getting paid.

His initial role is gone. But he has enough instincts, size and speed to be a asset with a full offseason to prepare. Assuming health. If he isn't then he should be gone.

I don't think anybody thinks he deserves that money or should be being paid that. But the way the contract is structured we will be paying regardless so I don't see the point in releasing him this year if we can make use of it.

Also we have to many bigger holes to to fill and draft/ fa. Guard, Ot, Dt, Cb, Wr, and both safeties. I don't see why one OLB spot deserves to be put ahead of most of those.

#58 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,362 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

No, the dead money is what is spread over the two years. It's there no matter what the team does. You don't subtract his base salary or anything like that.

It's dead money "12 Million" plus any other guaranteed money "3.75 Million" added together and spread over the two years. So 15.75 Million spread over two year. With the June 1st cut, Beason's dead money would be split up as follows.

4 million this season + 3.75 Million guaranteed salary. 7.75 Million total
8 million next season = 8 Million total.

#59 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Nest thing you'll say is let go get a #1 WR or a new #1 TE. Lets go draft a player for a position that we are deep in. Hey here is an idea let draft a new HB.

As far as him not being ready to come back, he was ready with his Achilles tendon they kept him out of preseason due to his issue with either the knee or shoulder. The point I'm making is your saying hey we have no where for you so lets cut his ass and call it a day. YOU do not cut one of your best players and think its an upgrade to the team. A Line back and I could use a Beason quote from a previous interview he made can play any o the positions within the LB CORP!

Yes he may feel better playing at MLB but that does not mean hes actually better at it or worse at another. He has the sideline to sideline speed needed to play any of the 4-5 LB spots and has. he s not over the hill hes only 28 which of LB's is young. His a smart player and reads defenses well.

As long as he takes a re-look at his contract, he would be our SLB where he would be better suited than the WLB.

The issue with me is its an on going thing in these forums that "fans" turn there back on players as soon as something new comes along. it sickens me to see how fast we turn our back on the team and players that we have cheered for for so any years.

Are you one of them, I'm not saying you are. So don't take it that way but i have seen to much of this over the past three years.

#60 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,362 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

The Achilles injury usually takes 1 1/2 - 2 years to come back from and be the same player or in most cases 90% of the same player. That's with fully rehabbing it the whole time. Beason's had to rehab other injuries as well over that time period. It's not un reasonable to think he wont be back to full strength or being Beason till the 2014 season.

Also Smitty is a shorter speed receiver and he's getting up there in age, so yes the Panther's need a new #1 receiver to take over for him. ASAP since it usually takes a WR 3 years to adjust to the NFL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.