75 replies to this topic

#61 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Beason is something none of us know the answer to on what will happen, one of the biggest mystery's this off season.

However, to those that think he wont be back to a very good linebacker just don't get it do you

#62 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Beason is something none of us know the answer to on what will happen, one of the biggest mystery's this off season.

However, to those that think he wont be back to a very good linebacker just don't get it do you

Be back when to being very good?

he won't be a very good OLB this year most likely....bc he is a much better MLB than OLB when healthy and is coming off 2 years worth of injuries. When he releases an offseason vid with his shirt off don't get too caught up in it

#63 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Nest thing you'll say is let go get a #1 WR or a new #1 TE. Lets go draft a player for a position that we are deep in. Hey here is an idea let draft a new HB.

As far as him not being ready to come back, he was ready with his Achilles tendon they kept him out of preseason due to his issue with either the knee or shoulder. The point I'm making is your saying hey we have no where for you so lets cut his ass and call it a day. YOU do not cut one of your best players and think its an upgrade to the team. A Line back and I could use a Beason quote from a previous interview he made can play any o the positions within the LB CORP!

Yes he may feel better playing at MLB but that does not mean hes actually better at it or worse at another. He has the sideline to sideline speed needed to play any of the 4-5 LB spots and has. he s not over the hill hes only 28 which of LB's is young. His a smart player and reads defenses well.

As long as he takes a re-look at his contract, he would be our SLB where he would be better suited than the WLB.

The issue with me is its an on going thing in these forums that "fans" turn there back on players as soon as something new comes along. it sickens me to see how fast we turn our back on the team and players that we have cheered for for so any years.

Are you one of them, I'm not saying you are. So don't take it that way but i have seen to much of this over the past three years.

You don't pay tons of money to your 2nd best LB on a 4-3 defense...

The NFL is about moving on from players....that is reality. Hurney didn't live in reality....he lived in a world where you pay 2 RBs featured money and then bring in Mike Tolbert on a team with Cam Newton.

#64 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Be back when to being very good?

he won't be a very good OLB this year most likely....bc he is a much better MLB than OLB when healthy and is coming off 2 years worth of injuries. When he releases an offseason vid with his shirt off don't get too caught up in it

His Achilles injury is going on 2 years away. The beginning of last season he was obviously a shell of his old self but that was when he was raw off the injury. Not raw, it had been a year but he was still getting used to it and the hammy didn't help him at all. All this should be fully healed. At the start of next season he should be in good health as far as his Achilles goes and if that's the case who knows how well he will perform right off the bat.

#65 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Beason would still count against our cap even if he's cut. We're not cutting Beason.

See above.
I am not reading 12 pages of one-liners and not-so-cap-intelligent comments about cutting a pro bowler that would cost us less to keep. If this has been stated (probably has), sorry.

Beason as an OLB is better than most OLBs in the league. He will restructure. If we feel good about the leg, and I think he will be OK there--my concern is with the Achilles. If you ever met Beason, you would not bet against him.

If I had 10 Jon Beasons on my team, I would have a good team. The guy is a presence.

Beason is smallish for a MLB--they tend to get beat up and don't last that long--moving him to the outside is a great move for him. TD is not a guarantee, and we will probably run some 4 lb looks next year, according to McD.

#66 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

You don't pay tons of money to your 2nd best LB on a 4-3 defense...

The NFL is about moving on from players....that is reality. Hurney didn't live in reality....he lived in a world where you pay 2 RBs featured money and then bring in Mike Tolbert on a team with Cam Newton.

Beason is in a bad place if he wants to move on--first,he would have to rework his contract, second, the panthers are into him for a lot of guaranteed money, and third, the injury history is a red flag.

The only way I see this happening is if another team has another player in a similar situation at a need position and we swap. Not even sure if it is smart then.

Hurney stuck Panther nation and I am upset with JR for giving a desperate man the keys to the kingdom.

#67 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

If Beason can participate in training camp and pre season this upcoming year i feel real good about him going into the season.

#68 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

See above.
I am not reading 12 pages of one-liners and not-so-cap-intelligent comments about cutting a pro bowler that would cost us less to keep. If this has been stated (probably has), sorry.

Beason as an OLB is better than most OLBs in the league. He will restructure. If we feel good about the leg, and I think he will be OK there--my concern is with the Achilles. If you ever met Beason, you would not bet against him.

If I had 10 Jon Beasons on my team, I would have a good team. The guy is a presence.

Beason is smallish for a MLB--they tend to get beat up and don't last that long--moving him to the outside is a great move for him. TD is not a guarantee, and we will probably run some 4 lb looks next year, according to McD.

Beason as an actual OLB....hasn't been better than most OLBs.

Even he will tell you when healthy he isn't as good as TD.

#69 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

The sample size of Beason as a Olb isn't big. Davis at full health is one of the best in the league, so him not being quite on the same level, isn't a big deal.

#70 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Beason as an actual OLB....hasn't been better than most OLBs.

Even he will tell you when healthy he isn't as good as TD.

Are you saying that TD is average? TD is one of the best when healthy. Is Beason better than Anderson, who is about average? Yes. Does it take time to transition to OLB from MLB? yes. Give Beason a shot.

#71 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

Are you saying that TD is average? TD is one of the best when healthy. Is Beason better than Anderson, who is about average? Yes. Does it take time to transition to OLB from MLB? yes. Give Beason a shot.

I said Beason as a OLB wasn't one of the best in the NFL. That's all.

He doesn't have a resume on play suggesting anything outside of MLB in the NFL.

The cost of Beason really isn't worth giving him a shot sadly

#72 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,723 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

I wonder how many guys on here know what I'm talking about haha

G-Reg also a member

Most.

That vid has been posted a dozen times

#73 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

I said Beason as a OLB wasn't one of the best in the NFL. That's all.

He doesn't have a resume on play suggesting anything outside of MLB in the NFL.

The cost of Beason really isn't worth giving him a shot sadly

I agree with that last statement---I think we are stuck with a player who will never earn his salary. However, he is a pro bowl LB and he needs to play. I love Beason, but I thought the contract was dumb in many ways. I was very frustrated when Marty went on his spending spree to keep players from leaving him. Jerry should have thrown him out with Fox, but I digress.

I think Beason has the intelligence and work ethic to become one of the better OLBs in the NFL if he is healthy. When he played outside for brief stints, he was good, just not Jon Beason good. He is such a leader, he makes everyone else better. He looked new to OLB when he played there and I questioned whether he should not be on the other side, so I see your point.

#74 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

I agree with that last statement---I think we are stuck with a player who will never earn his salary. However, he is a pro bowl LB and he needs to play. I love Beason, but I thought the contract was dumb in many ways. I was very frustrated when Marty went on his spending spree to keep players from leaving him. Jerry should have thrown him out with Fox, but I digress.

I think Beason has the intelligence and work ethic to become one of the better OLBs in the NFL if he is healthy. When he played outside for brief stints, he was good, just not Jon Beason good. He is such a leader, he makes everyone else better. He looked new to OLB when he played there and I questioned whether he should not be on the other side, so I see your point.

The 2 yrs on IR and then moving him to OLB....just make the wait and cost a bad deal going forward. That's it.

Beason needs to make a comeback and go be someone's MLB. If wants to be his best....

#75 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Potential Panther cuts -
http://www.charlotte...ial-salary.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.