Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw: Woman Curses at Judge, Flips Bird

39 posts in this topic

Posted

I am glad she gave him cause to put her laughing ass in jail. You may get by disrespecting your school teachers, but not a judge. I bet she did not learn anything. It will take more. Maybe she will get more time for the dope.

Posted

A bit harsh, but to be fair she was an idiot for acting like she did.

Wouldn't surprise me if his suspicion she was on something turned out to be true.

And honestly, how stupid do you have to be to show up for court stoned? Especially given that it was a hearing on drug possession charges.

Posted

A bit harsh, but to be fair she was an idiot for acting like she did.

Wouldn't surprise me if his suspicion she was on something turned out to be true.

And honestly, how stupid do you have to be to show up for court stoned?

part of the problem is they aren't actually in court... If she had been in court with a lawyer instead of standing in a holding cell looking at a camera I can almost guarantee you this wouldn't happen. It's not an excuse... but when prisoners aren't given actual hearings in order to save money... and the result is a 30 day sentence that we all agree could (and probably should) have been avoided... what's the takeaway?

Posted

part of the problem is they aren't actually in court... If she had been in court with a lawyer instead of standing in a holding cell looking at a camera I can almost guarantee you this wouldn't happen. It's not an excuse... but when prisoners aren't given actual hearings in order to save money... and the result is a 30 day sentence that we all agree could (and probably should) have been avoided... what's the takeaway?

"If you can not afford one, one will be appointed for you."

Posted

How about don't put yourself in that position in the first place?

And maybe if you do wind up in that position, don't make it worse by being stupid?

Antagonizing the person who decides whether or not you go free isn't exactly a sign of sound thinking.

Posted

"If you can not afford one, one will be appointed for you."

not for arraignment bud. And actually florida (where this is) doesn't provide them for first appearances...

if she had a lawyer... he/she would be there.

Posted

How about don't put yourself in that position in the first place?

And maybe if you do wind up in that position, don't make it worse by being stupid?

Antagonizing the person who decides whether or not you go free isn't exactly a sign of sound thinking.

i don't disagree that she's acting like a jackass. she's a freaking child... she obviously doesn't know how to conduct herself or how to deal with the situation she's in... I just don't think sending her to jail is going to help that problem... The judge is an adult... he started out speaking familiarly to her... "bye bye" he says sarcastically and she responds in kind...he knows better and he stooped to her level. That's a much bigger deal in my opinion. I doubt she's ever been in front of a judge before and she didn't know how to act. Again, none of this excuses her actions but the judge met her half-way and if she'd had a lawyer it would've gone totally differently.

Posted

She looks like her last name should be Lohan

Posted

i don't disagree that she's acting like a jackass. she's a freaking child... she obviously doesn't know how to conduct herself or how to deal with the situation she's in... I just don't think sending her to jail is going to help that problem... The judge is an adult... he started out speaking familiarly to her... "bye bye" he says sarcastically and she responds in kind...he knows better and he stooped to her level. That's a much bigger deal in my opinion. I doubt she's ever been in front of a judge before and she didn't know how to act. Again, none of this excuses her actions but the judge met her half-way and if she'd had a lawyer it would've gone totally differently.

I don't really fault the judge much. She acted like it was all a joke till she saw the consequences.

I get the impression she's one of those that probably only learns things the hard way.

Posted

I don't really fault the judge much. She acted like it was all a joke till she saw the consequences.

I get the impression she's one of those that probably only learns things the hard way.

and i guarantee you'd have a different impression of her if she was dressed up standing in a court room next to a lawyer instead of in an orange jumpsuit on a cctv. She's 18 dude. busted for xanex... flipped a judge off. 30 days in jail? Jesus christ, she would've been better off if she'd beaten the poo out of someone... or maybe negligently killed someone with her car. She'd have to be busted 3 times driving drunk in Florida to be given an equivalent sentence... It's absurd.

Posted

She's not in a holding cell in front of the camera. She was in court, they take your ass in there in your orange jump suit with your ankles cuffed together - trust me, I know. This was a first appearance (arraignment). Most people don't have an attorney at this point. The reason he asked about her jewelry in regards to her assets is because you have to list your total assets on the form to procure a court appointed attorney, which she would have been doing at this hearing.

Posted

and i guarantee you'd have a different impression of her if she was dressed up standing in a court room next to a lawyer instead of in an orange jumpsuit on a cctv. She's 18 dude. busted for xanex... flipped a judge off. 30 days in jail? Jesus christ, she would've been better off if she'd beaten the poo out of someone... or maybe negligently killed someone with her car. She'd have to be busted 3 times driving drunk in Florida to be given an equivalent sentence... It's absurd.

I don't really care how she's dressed or whether she's with a lawyer.

What would have given me a better impresion of her would have been for her to not be acting like a drugged up nitwit to the judge that's deciding what to do with her.