Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw: Woman Curses at Judge, Flips Bird

39 posts in this topic

Posted

She's not in a holding cell in front of the camera. She was in court, they take your ass in there in your orange jump suit with your ankles cuffed together - trust me, I know. This was a first appearance (arraignment). Most people don't have an attorney at this point. The reason he asked about her jewelry in regards to her assets is because you have to list your total assets on the form to procure a court appointed attorney, which she would have been doing at this hearing.

no she isn't... she's in jail. He's looking over at the side because she's on a monitor... Video arraignments are quite common and pretty standard in Florida.

Posted

For once....maybe ever. I agree with mmmBeans 100% in this thread.

She was acting like a stupid kid, b/c she is a stupid kid and while he was right to punish her for such an extra 5 grand (which he shouldn't be able to do) and a MONTH in jail was WAY over the top.

Posted

The thirty day sentence was what I found "harsh". I think five to ten days would have been enough.

That said, it's hard to have a whole lot of sympathy for her because she really did bring it on herself.

Posted

For once....maybe ever. I agree with mmmBeans 100% in this thread.

She was acting like a stupid kid, b/c she is a stupid kid and while he was right to punish her for such an extra 5 grand (which he shouldn't be able to do) and a MONTH in jail was WAY over the top.

trust me... once you get used to it, it'll start to feel good... just relax.

Posted

not for arraignment bud. And actually florida (where this is) doesn't provide them for first appearances...

if she had a lawyer... he/she would be there.

Sad as it is, she has a lawyer by now and is likely out on $1000 bond, now doing 30 days. Bud.

Posted

no she isn't... she's in jail. He's looking over at the side because she's on a monitor... Video arraignments are quite common and pretty standard in Florida.

Yeah, after watching the video, it looks like there's glass in front of her. I had assumed that the railing beside her was the courtroom front rail. I guess not.

Regardless, I don't agree with using Bond as a punitive measure - as to the contempt...well. You can't do that poo. I don't care if she is a retard 18 year old girl. You can't flick off and cuss at a Judge. It doesn't matter who you are, you're going to go to jail for that. 30 days in a standard contempt sentence, reason being that to be charged with contempt - in most cases- you've pissed off the Judge pretty well and they are going to give you the maximum penalty. Most Judges have a power trip and this is no different. If you've ever spent significant time in a court room you've seen the Judge attempt to play Dr. Phil from the stand - giving life advice and generally being condescending.

Point is, unfair or not, what she did would have landed ANYONE the same penalty - you just can't do that poo. If you want sympathy from the court, and most people do, you suck their dick, not insult them.

Posted

Talking back to an authority figure....cut out her tongue. Oh, BTW remove that middle finger too. NEXT!

Posted

Talking back to an authority figure....cut out her tongue. Oh, BTW remove that middle finger too. NEXT!

Can you imagine how court would be with out respect for the judges. poo, if you were the judge what would you have done when this disrespectful girl gave you the finger. He was gentle..

Posted

Can you imagine how court would be with out respect for the judges. poo, if you were the judge what would you have done when this disrespectful girl gave you the finger. He was gentle..

I just posted what I would have done. They better hope I never have the power to issue punishment. I could however guarantee a lower crime rate.

Posted

when you wear orange. usually you don't have much leverage.

Posted

She's already been back, and this time she at least knew better than to be a moron.

Posted

She really did seem to be under the influence the first time in court. Hopefully she makes it through her drug program and gets another chance. It would be a shame to see someone so young destroy her chance at a productive life.