Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Everything you need to know about our cap, potential cuts and free agents.

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#136 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Sam Shields is one guy if we do free enough cap room I would love us to get a decent deal (3-4 yr) with. I think he was behind some quality talent in GB and stepped up big when needed. He's shown he could excel in a larger role imo and would be a great addition.

would love to have him, but i think he is a RFA. other CBs that could be had for a decent price Greg Toler, and Tony Carter.

#137 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

...and people thought we'd have no room for Free agency.

Also add restructuring Gross to that as well as cutting Nakamura and Ron Edwards, along with a few other cuts or restructures (D-will among others) and we can fill a hole or two. (lol)

i caught that lol

#138 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

So what's his face is reporting different numbers than what we are seeing. He has Kalil's freed up cap space as 3.45 mil.
http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

#139 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, or the info isn't accurate, but it looks like cutting Ron Edwards saves us over 2 million. Maybe 3mil because it doesn't say anything about his bonus' being guaranteed.

http://www.spotrac.c...rs/ron-edwards/

#140 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, or the info isn't accurate, but it looks like cutting Ron Edwards saves us over 2 million. Maybe 3mil because it doesn't say anything about his bonus' being guaranteed.

http://www.spotrac.c...rs/ron-edwards/

Looks like it.

I can see us cutting Ron loose but you never know. They may have faith he can make a recovery. If he's gone and we get D'wan back, we're sitting with Kearse, D'wan, Fua, Chandler, Addison (Hardy/Alexander subs) as our interior. Def could use another upgrade regardless in the draft, so w/out Ron it's preferably at 1-gap/NT.

#141 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

edit: wrong thread

#142 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

I still don't know why we paid Beason BEFORE that injury was worked out.

Hurney magic!

Even more than that, I have no idea why he was out there on the field with a badly compromised Achilles. Our training staff has botched numerous situations. Beason, TD's ACL rehabs, and then we have Gettis and Hogan who seemingly can't get healthy after an ACL injury. I'll give them a pass on Otah, though based on their history I'm not sure they deserve one.

It seems like we have guys who struggle to return from injuries time and time again where other teams have guys come back without missing a beat.

#143 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

do what you will with this.... click

#144 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk
We're now hearing there's a chance the cap could be a little higher than $121.5 million for 2013.

something to keep an eye on

#145 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,814 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Reports are the cap could now grow to $123 mill. Every little bit helps us a lot.

#146 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,814 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Definately.

#147 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Reports are the cap could now grow to $123 mill. Every little bit helps us a lot.

and everyone else too

It doesn't matter what they set the cap at, we're in a worse cap situation than most every other team. Gettleman has his work cut out for him.

#148 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,570 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

You have to be careful if the answer every year to cap issues is "restructuirng". All you are doing is pushing the current problem into future years....which is why we are in the cap hell right now.

I am not advocating that we cut Gross. But, it is a real possibility.

I think the word is right sizing how much we pay for each position which may take another year to fix with the recent contracts of Stew,DWill and Beason and to a lessor extent Gamble and Gross.We may have to restructure until we can the position/value back in order.We really missed an opportunity of a playoff run while Cam is under his rookie contract .

#149 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

It doesn't matter what they set the cap at, we're in a worse cap situation than most every other team. Gettleman has his work cut out for him.

Of course it matters....

That extra 1.5 mil could be the icing on the cake to pick up a nice FA.
We're about 10 mil over right now. Cut Gamble, save 8 mil. Restructure Gross, save 5 mil. Add an extra 1.5 mil of cap space and we now have some wiggle room to shop around for a RG or safety.

#150 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Of course it matters....

That extra 1.5 mil could be the icing on the cake to pick up a nice FA.
We're about 10 mil over right now. Cut Gamble, save 8 mil. Restructure Gross, save 5 mil. Add an extra 1.5 mil of cap space and we now have some wiggle room to shop around for a RG or safety.

My point is that every team would have an extra $1.5M to work with which would create more competition in FA. Either way, we're cap strapped and Gettleman has a ton of work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.