Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Everything you need to know about our cap, potential cuts and free agents.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
175 replies to this topic

#133 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

We are not going to cut our top players or dump guys like Smith until we have someone to replace them. We are also not going to try and get 20 million under the cap. Gettleman is tasked with straightening out the cap and finding talent to build a consistent winner, not gut the team and do another 2010. We all know how that worked out and we are still rebuilding from that debacle. Richardson needs to win soon not 5 years down the road. he might not be around for that. We can easily get under the cap cutting a few players like Gamble and restructuring a few contracts like Beason. We won't be bringing in a bunch of free agents so we really can't dump our team leaders.

#134 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Well with 2.2 mill cleared up today with Kalil restructuring and the highly probably scenario in which Gamble is cut, we're sitting at at roughly 2.6 over the cap.

Gary Williams and Hangartner should be easy cuts who account for roughly 2.6

#135 Frank Hollywood

Frank Hollywood

Ultimate Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Well with 2.2 mill cleared up today with Kalil restructuring and the highly probably scenario in which Gamble is cut, we're sitting at at roughly 2.6 over the cap.

Gary Williams and Hangartner should be easy cuts who account for roughly 2.6

...and people thought we'd have no room for Free agency.

Also add restructuring Gross to that as well as cutting Nakamura and Ron Edwards, along with a few other cuts or restructures (D-will among others) and we can fill a hole or two. (lol)

#136 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Sam Shields is one guy if we do free enough cap room I would love us to get a decent deal (3-4 yr) with. I think he was behind some quality talent in GB and stepped up big when needed. He's shown he could excel in a larger role imo and would be a great addition.

would love to have him, but i think he is a RFA. other CBs that could be had for a decent price Greg Toler, and Tony Carter.

#137 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

...and people thought we'd have no room for Free agency.

Also add restructuring Gross to that as well as cutting Nakamura and Ron Edwards, along with a few other cuts or restructures (D-will among others) and we can fill a hole or two. (lol)

i caught that lol

#138 Frank Hollywood

Frank Hollywood

Ultimate Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

So what's his face is reporting different numbers than what we are seeing. He has Kalil's freed up cap space as 3.45 mil.
http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

#139 Frank Hollywood

Frank Hollywood

Ultimate Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, or the info isn't accurate, but it looks like cutting Ron Edwards saves us over 2 million. Maybe 3mil because it doesn't say anything about his bonus' being guaranteed.

http://www.spotrac.c...rs/ron-edwards/

#140 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, or the info isn't accurate, but it looks like cutting Ron Edwards saves us over 2 million. Maybe 3mil because it doesn't say anything about his bonus' being guaranteed.

http://www.spotrac.c...rs/ron-edwards/

Looks like it.

I can see us cutting Ron loose but you never know. They may have faith he can make a recovery. If he's gone and we get D'wan back, we're sitting with Kearse, D'wan, Fua, Chandler, Addison (Hardy/Alexander subs) as our interior. Def could use another upgrade regardless in the draft, so w/out Ron it's preferably at 1-gap/NT.

#141 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

edit: wrong thread

#142 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

I still don't know why we paid Beason BEFORE that injury was worked out.

Hurney magic!

Even more than that, I have no idea why he was out there on the field with a badly compromised Achilles. Our training staff has botched numerous situations. Beason, TD's ACL rehabs, and then we have Gettis and Hogan who seemingly can't get healthy after an ACL injury. I'll give them a pass on Otah, though based on their history I'm not sure they deserve one.

It seems like we have guys who struggle to return from injuries time and time again where other teams have guys come back without missing a beat.

#143 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

do what you will with this.... click

#144 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk
We're now hearing there's a chance the cap could be a little higher than $121.5 million for 2013.

something to keep an eye on