Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Everything you need to know about our cap, potential cuts and free agents.

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#131 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

My top FA possibilities:

CB - Sam Shields
OG - Kevin Boothe
S - Kenny Philips
TE/FB - James Casey
QB2 - Seneca Wallace

Not a bad list. These are realistic options.

#132 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationthe.black.lodge
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Not a bad list. These are realistic options.

ppreciate' it

Sam Shields is one guy if we do free enough cap room I would love us to get a decent deal (3-4 yr) with. I think he was behind some quality talent in GB and stepped up big when needed. He's shown he could excel in a larger role imo and would be a great addition.

Kevin Boothe is a solid vet we can get at a good price that Gettleman may have some pull with. It would be ideal to have a vet next to Kalil at least on one side. Draft a future LT like a Bakhtiari in RD2 and nab Boothe.

This let's us focus on either D or WR in the 1st imo with two guys with a lot of quality road ahead for a potential decent price.

Seneca would be an inexpensive upgrade over Jimmy with Derek gone

A Delanie Walker/James Casey type is a HIGHLY underrated asset for a team. Great O-Hybrid & ST play, being a Brockel replacement (who is gone UFA, a problem on kickoffs and not an offensive weapon). These types when used right do what Richie can't and adds some dimensions to your offense.

#133 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

We are not going to cut our top players or dump guys like Smith until we have someone to replace them. We are also not going to try and get 20 million under the cap. Gettleman is tasked with straightening out the cap and finding talent to build a consistent winner, not gut the team and do another 2010. We all know how that worked out and we are still rebuilding from that debacle. Richardson needs to win soon not 5 years down the road. he might not be around for that. We can easily get under the cap cutting a few players like Gamble and restructuring a few contracts like Beason. We won't be bringing in a bunch of free agents so we really can't dump our team leaders.

#134 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• LocationCO
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Well with 2.2 mill cleared up today with Kalil restructuring and the highly probably scenario in which Gamble is cut, we're sitting at at roughly 2.6 over the cap.

Gary Williams and Hangartner should be easy cuts who account for roughly 2.6

#135 Frank Hollywood

Frank Hollywood

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationYour mother's basement
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Well with 2.2 mill cleared up today with Kalil restructuring and the highly probably scenario in which Gamble is cut, we're sitting at at roughly 2.6 over the cap.

Gary Williams and Hangartner should be easy cuts who account for roughly 2.6

...and people thought we'd have no room for Free agency.

Also add restructuring Gross to that as well as cutting Nakamura and Ron Edwards, along with a few other cuts or restructures (D-will among others) and we can fill a hole or two. (lol)

#136 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• LocationDa City
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Sam Shields is one guy if we do free enough cap room I would love us to get a decent deal (3-4 yr) with. I think he was behind some quality talent in GB and stepped up big when needed. He's shown he could excel in a larger role imo and would be a great addition.

would love to have him, but i think he is a RFA. other CBs that could be had for a decent price Greg Toler, and Tony Carter.

#137 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• LocationKinston, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

...and people thought we'd have no room for Free agency.

Also add restructuring Gross to that as well as cutting Nakamura and Ron Edwards, along with a few other cuts or restructures (D-will among others) and we can fill a hole or two. (lol)

i caught that lol

#138 Frank Hollywood

Frank Hollywood

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

So what's his face is reporting different numbers than what we are seeing. He has Kalil's freed up cap space as 3.45 mil.
http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

#139 Frank Hollywood

Frank Hollywood

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, or the info isn't accurate, but it looks like cutting Ron Edwards saves us over 2 million. Maybe 3mil because it doesn't say anything about his bonus' being guaranteed.

http://www.spotrac.c...rs/ron-edwards/

#140 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• LocationCO
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, or the info isn't accurate, but it looks like cutting Ron Edwards saves us over 2 million. Maybe 3mil because it doesn't say anything about his bonus' being guaranteed.

http://www.spotrac.c...rs/ron-edwards/

Looks like it.

I can see us cutting Ron loose but you never know. They may have faith he can make a recovery. If he's gone and we get D'wan back, we're sitting with Kearse, D'wan, Fua, Chandler, Addison (Hardy/Alexander subs) as our interior. Def could use another upgrade regardless in the draft, so w/out Ron it's preferably at 1-gap/NT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users