28 replies to this topic

#1 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,928 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

This is a couple years old but there is a video of the police raid.

Basically they perform a nighttime "no-knock raid" on a suspected drug dealer's house. The drug dealer isn't there but his roommate is and he is holding a golf club in self defense. The cops pop 5 bullets into him without hesitation.

Ogden police investigated the shooting independently and agreed it was justified.

"He had less than a second to make a decision with a guy swinging what looked like a sword in his hands," Greiner said. "We train these officers regularly on how to defend themselves and be able to go home at night."

http://www.sltrib.co...police.html.csp

I've met some great cops but stuff like this is complete BS. Yeah we shot an innocent man but it was his fault for holding a golf club. Oh the actual drug dealer moved out weeks ago? Not our fault. Didn't have a warrant handy? Meh. Didn't think that a guy with a "sword" 8 feet away might be given a chance to freeze? Whatever.

#2 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

this a topic that is going to be in the spotlight more and more with the release of the upcoming film Fruitvale

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2334649/

#3 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

I don't understand how no knock raids can be beneficial to anyone.

Don't care if they flush the stuff or whatever, it's not worth getting anyone killed over it.

Love the justice system in place nowadays. So important to get the dealers that they are willing to kill to catch them, then let them out of prison within a year or two.

#4 Cage

Cage

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationHustlin' in the streets

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Never mind. I somehow missed the fact that it was a 'no knock' raid. Those should definitely be illegal.

#5 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Once he assaulted the officers with the golf club, he was no longer innocent. Even the police have the right of self defense.

#6 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,540 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Once he assaulted the officers with the golf club, he was no longer innocent. Even the police have the right of self defense.

Holding a golf club isn't assault. He never swung it at them, he was never within 10 feet of them before they shot him. He came out after being woken up by his door being kicked in.

If this has been you and you were woken up by your door being kicked in, you grabbed the nearest object and stepped out of your bedroom door, they would have shot your ass too.

#7 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Holding a golf club isn't assault. He never swung it at them, he was never within 10 feet of them before they shot him. He came out after being woken up by his door being kicked in.

If this has been you and you were woken up by your door being kicked in, you grabbed the nearest object and stepped out of your bedroom door, they would have shot your ass too.

They yelled police several times. Lots of times people confuse assault with battery. Hey, maybe he lived in a state that has outlawed police from useing the evil taser. as·saults plural

physical or verbal attack: a violent physical or verbal attack

threat of bodily harm: an unlawful threat or attempt to do violence or harm to somebody else

rape: the crime of raping somebody
attempt to destroy something: a campaign or series of actions that aims to challenge or destroy something

#8 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

You are either intentionally trolling with most of your posts or you have the reading comprehension of a 6 year old

#9 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,928 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

I love how the cop shoots him 5 times and then says "GET ON THE GROUND!"

#10 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

You are either intentionally trolling with most of your posts or you have the reading comprehension of a 6 year old

I know you are but what am I?

#11 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,928 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

http://www.huffingto...raid-of-the-day

Raid of the day column. Depressing to read.

#12 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

I love how the cop shoots him 5 times and then says "GET ON THE GROUND!"

STOP RESISTING!!!

#13 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Shame he didn't have a gun to defend himself.

:cigar:

#14 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

They yelled police several times.

Dude seriously? I can yell police too. Doesn't mean I am one. I don't even know what to say if this is how you think things should be.

#15 MagPie

MagPie

Get real

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

dude never stood a chance, he was a dead man as soon as they stepped on the property. sad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.