Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flacco told teammates to tackle Ginn if he broke free

25 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[url="http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/02/06/joe-flacco-super-bowl-baltimore-ravens/1897771/"]http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/02/06/joe-flacco-super-bowl-baltimore-ravens/1897771/[/url]

[Quote]While on the sideline with his teammates as the Ravens' kick-coverage team lined up with 4 seconds to play in the game and Baltimore holding a 34-31 lead, Flacco told tight end Dennis Pitta to run onto the field and tackle the San Francisco 49ers' Ted Ginn Jr. if he got into the clear.[/Quote]

Posted · Report post

i bet he was totally serious when he said that too.....
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[indent=1]
[color=#222222][font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][quote][/font][/color]"Why can't you (go tackle him)?" center Matt Birk asks Flacco after the quarterback barks the command.[/indent]
[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]"I will," Flacco said. "I'm going to."[/font][/color][/quote]

That's funny. Trying to get other guys to do his hypothetical dirty work. Sportsmanship means nothing when money is on the line apparently.

Posted · Report post

Hey I mean win at all costs, right? This might be the smartest thing Flacco has ever thought of.

Edit: except the ref's could have ruled it a TD anyway. Silly Flacco.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Man, that woulda been a hell of a way to end a super bowl. An awarded TD on an unsportsmanlike play.

Posted · Report post

I just saw this and I'm curious what would have been the repercussions.

Again, he PROBABLY was joking, but what would of happened if this occurred? Didn't a jets coach like five years do something similar to this?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Hoplomachus' timestamp='1360259848' post='2127929']
[indent=1]
[color=#222222][font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]

Sportsmanship means nothing when money is on the line apparently.
[/quote]

See: Barry Bonds

Posted · Report post

I wonder if it would have been a TD or a 15 yard penalty and a re-kick.

Posted · Report post

None of you have ever played sports lol.

If there was a mic on the sideline at the end of any intense sports match, you would hear poo like this from even the coaches, sometimes worse.

I would've said the same damn thing.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

What would happen?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1360263200' post='2128019']
None of you have ever played sports lol.

If there was a mic on the sideline at the end of any intense sports match, you would hear poo like this from even the coaches, sometimes worse.

I would've said the same damn thing.
[/quote]

He likely wouldn't have even had to tell me TBH.

Posted · Report post

From NFL.com:

[quote]So what would have happened had Flacco or another Ravens' player left the sideline to make a touchdown-saving tackle of Ginn?

According to the NFL Rule Book's Rule 12, Section 3, Article 3:

"Palpably Unfair Act. A player or substitute shall not interfere with play by any act which is palpably unfair. Penalty:[b] For a palpably unfair act: Offender may be disqualified. The Referee, after consulting his crew, enforces any such distance penalty as they consider equitable and irrespective of any other specified code penalty. The Referee may award a score."[/b][/quote]