#16 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

I think it will be Cordarrelle Patterson.

He's a big speedy receiver with his best years ahead of him. Not only a dangerous receiver but an electrifying return man. He's a chill guy too.

#17 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Now, take a look at that list. Tell me what we have and - more importantly - what we don't, and that's where your offseason focus will be.

From this list, I think OL, WR, DT, and maybe CB are our biggest needs.

The next step is to decide what can be had (affordably) in free agency and the draft.

I think we might just draft WR and CB, finding a DT and OL in free agency. Of course, this is me guessing and not making a statement.

#18 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

and for everyone that says WR is not a need, remember how many of the top/early WRs Rivera brought in last year for a visit. plus Gettleman comes from an organization the believes in getting WR weapons early and often. Nicks, Smith, Randle, Jernigan, Barden where all drafted in the top 3 rounds.

#19 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

I really hope we pick up a third round pick. Stedman Bailey would fit in this system. Tavon Austin would be dynamic but I dont see us taking WR in the first. 2nd round will be when we grab one and there will still be quality ones there.

#20 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

and for everyone that says WR is not a need, remember how many of the top/early WRs Rivera brought in last year for a visit. plus Gettleman comes from an organization the believes in getting WR weapons early and often. Nicks, Smith, Randle, Jernigan, Barden where all drafted in the top 3 rounds.

Pretty interesting point. I think Mario Manningham was a third rounder, if memory serves me right.

#21 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Pretty interesting point. I think Mario Manningham was a third rounder, if memory serves me right.

i knew it was one more but couldnt think of who it was. i look for them to address this spot early.

#22 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Theres no guarantee Rivera will be here next year, so not so sure about the system thing. Just draft players to build around Cam and Luke that would work in any coaches system.

#23 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Theres no guarantee Rivera will be here next year, so not so sure about the system thing. Just draft players to build around Cam and Luke that would work in any coaches system.

I see that, but I doubt they draft as if he is not going to be here--if that is the case, they should have just fired him.

#24 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

I see that, but I doubt they draft as if he is not going to be here--if that is the case, they should have just fired him.

#25 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,144 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Yeah. Practically speaking, they have to draft as if Rivera will be here next season and beyond, and Gettleman's given every indication he'll do just that.

#26 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,637 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

GM has already stated what he believes in....system doesn't really matter to a degree.

He wants guys on the line.....and guys who score TDs. His words.

#27 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,637 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

GM has already stated what he believes in....system doesn't really matter to a degree.

He wants guys on the line.....and guys who score TDs. His words. System doesn't change that.

#28 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,605 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

My guess we will go cheap on defense and continue with the bend not break strategy and draft players that will either protect Cam or give him more threats on offense.We have our DEs in place and need to either re-sign or sign a couple DTs and safties.

On offense we need a guy like Jacoby jones who can fill the need of a returner and solid wr.My guess we will draft either an OT or OG.I know we came in a close second with Jones last year but he chose the Ravens because he did not think he would get the ST plays.He would have been a huge impact player if we could have snagged him last year

#29 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,109 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

I'll be happy to see us not trading away future picks every draft.

#30 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

I'll be happy to see us not trading away future picks every draft.

ditto.

trading day two or three picks for established vets would be fine, but for long shot projects? nah....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com