Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gordon for Kris Humphries - straight up

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

No brainer, honestly. We need help down low, big time. We have for years. Bring him here and give him a ton of minutes. Then in the offseason, go after Hickson/Jefferson/Millsap etc.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zaximus' timestamp='1360366575' post='2129527']
No brainer, honestly. We need help down low, big time. We have for years. Bring him here and give him a ton of minutes. Then in the offseason, go after Hickson/Jefferson/Millsap etc.
[/quote]

No to signing a big name. We need another year of suckness to draft a Wiggins, Parker, Randle etc in 2014

Posted · Report post

I really hope this gets done. Humphries is still young and is a good building piece. Get it done Cho.

Posted · Report post

Addresses a need.

Posted · Report post

Not sure why NETS would do it though. Got a feeling it's going to cost us our Portland's pick

Posted · Report post

NJ needs someone who can hit the three. Gordon fills a need for them.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Third Degree' timestamp='1360376073' post='2129684']
NJ needs someone who can hit the three. Gordon fills a need for them.
[/quote]

Yep, they need floor spacing badly.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1360373474' post='2129625']
Not sure why NETS would do it though. Got a feeling it's going to cost us our Portland's pick
[/quote]

It makes perfect sense. Kris is playing 9 minutes a game. Reggie Evans is doing well and is about the same player, plus Blatche. The Nets need an outside scorer though, so they'd want Gordan. Same salaries, etc.

And yes, we need to sign one of the bigs that is on the market this offseason. Jefferson/Hickson/Millsap/Pekovic, one of them.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1360366877' post='2129531']
No to signing a big name. We need another year of suckness to draft a Wiggins, Parker, Randle etc in 2014
[/quote]

you need to reconsider your position on this. It was our intent to bomb last year and this year. Not gonna happen next year. We'd all love to get a Wiggins or a Randle, but it's not gonna happen, and it's not a do or die thing..

We've already announced we're gonna sign someone and pay him.

That big man, plus Humphries, and our young core, aren't going to get us a top 10 pick.

I'm already sold on Cho, but if he gets a young proven rebounder for a very good guard we don't need and don't play, ...give him a raise.

Posted · Report post

Cho's known to be basically a genius and it's going to start showing really soon

Posted · Report post

The belief is that they will actually then flip Gordon with Brooks for a legit power forward like Paul Millsap. But they could definitely use Gordon if they end up acquiring, and keeping him.

I really hope this gets done.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Black' timestamp='1360529846' post='2131357']
The belief is that they will actually then flip Gordon with Brooks for a legit power forward like Paul Millsap. But they could definitely use Gordon if they end up acquiring, and keeping him.

I really hope this gets done.
[/quote]

I can see that happening. Would also help them in making a move for Howard next season.