Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gordon for Kris Humphries - straight up

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Hearing the Nets are pushing hard to trade for Josh Smith instead of Gordon.. Willing to give up Kris Humphries, MarShawn Brooks and a 1st round pick (*possibly Anthony Morrow as well).

Posted

:( would have been nice to make that swap. Hope Atlanta says nope to that.

Posted

Kemba - Sessions

Henderson - Williams

MKG - Taylor

Humphries - Mullens

Biyombo - Haywood

Yeah, we would still suck, but if we can land a star(wishful thinking) at the C spot, team might not be half bad next year.

Posted

Report coming out that the trade talk has pretty much come to a standstill. The Nets don't feel like they will be able to acquire Smith or Gordon and are now pursuing a big man.

Posted

you need to reconsider your position on this. It was our intent to bomb last year and this year. Not gonna happen next year. We'd all love to get a Wiggins or a Randle, but it's not gonna happen, and it's not a do or die thing..

We've already announced we're gonna sign someone and pay him.

That big man, plus Humphries, and our young core, aren't going to get us a top 10 pick.

I'm already sold on Cho, but if he gets a young proven rebounder for a very good guard we don't need and don't play, ...give him a raise.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure the report said that we would have the room and COULD sign a max guy. Not necessarily that we would (but some people read it as that and ran with it).

It also said that we have potentially 4 picks in the next 2 years (or something along those lines) that pretty much meant we would still be in the bottom 12 teams next year.