Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Updated Mel Kiper Mock Draft

71 posts in this topic

Posted

It is somewhat reassuring that all of the players ranked in the area we are drafting are either OL or DL. We have neglected both of these positions for too long so hopefully we will take the best player available, as long as he is a lineman of some sort. We don't need to reach for another project WR, we need an impact player in the trenches so lets go out and draft one.

Posted

He has Cooper going before Warmack?????? wth? I like Cooper and think he's an excellent prospect and definitely a first rounder, but not at 11th overall ahead of Warmack.

Posted

I think it's unlikely Richardson lasts until our pick, after his combine he will definitely go in the top ten. He is a more disruptive and bigger-bodied Fletcher Cox. I also think if Warmack or Fisher is available we will draft them unless something crazy happens like Jarvis Jones or Lotulei fall to our pick. I think we will be able to find a really good DT prospect in the second round, there seem to be quite a few good ones and a lot of teams drafted them in the first round just last year.

I want Jones most of all but Warmack would be sweet as well.

Posted

Would take Johnson, Vaccarro, Allen, Banks and even Hankins before I took Richardson.

And thats really not all considering how sure I am Richardson will never amount to take anything

Add Warmack and this is pretty spot on. But Mel's never right, so It doesn't really matter.

Posted

I'm a huge Eric Fisher fan. He reminds me so much of Joe Staley. Hope he somehow slips to us.

Posted

Why in the world would I take a OG in the top half of the first round

I'd rather take a chance on Richardson or even almost sure fire bust shariff Floyd before I took a Guard

Thatd just be stupid

Posted

There's a reason why ole' Melly Mel has always worked on ESPN and not a NFL club.

Posted

Over Chance Warmack? Not sure I like that.

Te'o to the Bucs would be hilarious though :lol:

I hope he does go to the Bucs cause I already hate Manti Te'o

Posted

I think that Geno Smith is worth it. He's a good QB who played on a team without a defense. He dropped off at the end of the season, but you could wait on that because he was carrying that team. He had to score on almost every possession because their defense couldn't stop a high school team.

I've been suspicious of Kiper lately. He seems to give low grade to certain type of QBs. He seems to be leaning towards Matt Barkley for some reason and I wonder why. Everybody knows Smith is the best QB in the draft. At least Kiper only have his opinion invested in his mock. Owners have money invested in their picks. Smith will be selected top 10. The dude is accurate, can make all the throws, mobile, and has a strong arm. What more can you ask for. In a league full of Weedens, gabberts, lindleys, cobbs, etc. I don't see why Smtih can't be a franchise QB.

Ok, I will say it. If he were white he would be projected as a top 5 QB. As people expect black QBs to be fast like RG3, Cam, Kaepernick, Wilson. But he is not a lame duck in the pocket though, he can run.

1 person likes this

Posted

A little off topic but I gotta ask, where is Kiper's Lips? The dude's mouth look a toothless old guy. A little lip surgery could do him wonder.

Posted

Absolutely cannot pass up Warmack if he's still around when we're on the clock

Posted

Anyone who thought Jimmy Clausen was pro ready....shouldn't be listened to

He doesn't have a QB in the first round? Geno Smith easily could go #1 overall...a couple will go in round 1