Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catalyst

Panthers sign DT Colin Cole

80 posts in this topic

32 years old and hasn't played in over a year...isn't that exactly what Ron Edwards was for us this year? And he did relatively well, no?

Edit: ok well apparently he hasn't played in TWO years...but at least he seems to be healthy. He isn't coming off of any major injuries or anything, so as long as he stayed in shape somewhat, hopefully he can shake off the rust in practice/preseason.

32 years old and hasn't played in over a year...isn't that exactly what Ron Edwards was for us this year? And he did relatively well, no?

Edit: ok well apparently he hasn't played in TWO years...but at least he seems to be healthy. He isn't coming off of any major injuries or anything, so as long as he stayed in shape somewhat, hopefully he can shake off the rust in practice/preseason.

well, unless you count his ankle which he's had two surgeries on and which was the reason he was on the PUP list to begin with before getting cut.

but he's had two seasons to recover so....i dunno.

He should make the team if his ankle is well. He was solid in Seattle and Green Bay. I remember him fairly well.

we wanted/needed a run-stuffer.

this is a start.

i suspect we'll be seeing more pick ups like this and to be honest even though it was a bit of a "wtf" kind of shock, it's pretty much the type of guy i was expecting gettleman to find to fill holes. guys that most have never heard of, that were not even blips on most teams radars, but who have something that caught gettleman's well trained eye.

he said he wanted big guys and TD scorers. 6'2 and 330 pounds is big.

1 person likes this

Gettleman can get Chris Can't he?!?

if he wants him.

One of those low risk "give him a shot" signings that occasionally pays off but costs you pretty much nothing if it doesn't.

Might see a fair share of these this offseason.

hurney ma-

oh