#1 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Al Madrigal of The Daily Show mocked an anti-Islam conservative activist on Thursday night amid a report on the M1 Abrams tank.

More than 100 members of Congress have called on the Pentagon to build 300 more of the massive tanks at a cost of $3 billion. But the Army has said it has no need for them.

“Well, we need more tanks for the simple reason that we may have to use them,” conservative author Alan Caruba explained.

Retired Major General Paul Eaton disagreed emphatically. He noted the U.S. military already had 3,000 tanks “sitting in a boneyard near Reno,” causing Madrigal to wonder if Nevada had ever been attacked.

“To my knowledge, Nevada has never been attacked,” Eaton replied.

But Caruba insisted the United States needed more tanks. There was, according to Caruba, a risk the U.S. would need to launch a ground invasion of Africa because of the high population of Muslims living on the continent.

“Their religion requires them to wage jihad,” he explained. “If you are a Muslim, you better be out there jihading away.”

Caruba was surprised to learn the United States was actually selling its excess tanks to Muslim countries, but after a moment of reflection he rationalized the sale. “Good. They are our allies — in some respects,” he said.

Watch video, via Comedy Central, below:

http://www.thedailys...s--but-no-tanks

The Military industrial complex, being all complexy.

#2 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

that's just sad.

#3 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Because I don't believe every negative Israeli thread you post makes me someone ready to go on a crusade against African muslims?

How about taking your thread and go you know what to yourself.

I don't think America needs to get involved, but you're naive to think there aren't issues in Kenya and other areas in the region regarding Christian persecution....you're choosing to be ignorant.

#4 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Because I don't believe every negative Israeli thread you post makes me someone ready to go on a crusade against African muslims?

I don't think America needs to get involved, but you're naive to think there aren't issues in Kenya and other areas in the region regarding Christian persecution....you're choosing to be ignorant.

What about other kinds of persecution?

#5 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

This has absolutely nothing to do with Africa (other than a flimsy cover story for more PORK). Our military leaders are well aware of what is going on there and they don't want more tanks. What does that tell you? This is purely a result of paid off Congressional reps trying to please their MIC benefactors and their local constituents with even more PORK. Saw it happen more times than I can count while in the military. Politicians putting their personal interests ahead of the US Military and America. Yes let's build more tanks the Army neither needs nor wants, saddling them with more unnecessary costs in men and material just when our country is trying to reduce spending. What are the chances many of these congressmen are the same ones calling for reform and refusing to raise the nation's debt limit?

The Pentagon, facing smaller budgets and looking toward a new global strategy, wants to save as much as $3 billion by freezing refurbishing work on the M1 from 2014 to 2017, so it can redesign the vehicle from top to bottom. Its proposal would idle a large factory in Lima, Ohio, as well as halt work at dozens of subcontractors in Pennsylvania, Michigan and other states.
Abrams manufacturer General Dynamics, a nationwide employer that’s pumped millions of dollars into congressional elections over the past decade, opposes the Pentagon’s plans. The tank’s supporters on Capitol Hill say they’re desperate to save jobs in their districts and concerned about undermining America’s military capabilities.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchy...l#storylink=cpy

#6 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

hahaha, thanks for being, well, you.

Ohh, btw, it's you that's choosing to be ignorant.

#7 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

So providing poor black children in America, free lunch programs (ketchup is a vegetable) or their parents unemployment benefits or affordable health care, if needed, is still a waste of Taxpayer dollars as far as the GOP/TP is concerned? However, building more tanks the Army doesn't want or need, on the off chance we have to save little black Christians in Africa, is a good way to spend our nation's limited resources? OK, so maybe I have finally figured this GOP/TP "thinking" out. As long as minorities stay on their own distant continent, the GOP/TP is cool with spending billions of taxpayer dollars "just in case" we need to protect minorities, but don't dare show up on America's shores with actual humanitarian needs, because then we don't give a damn about you!

#8 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

More work has been done to help kids in Africa re: AIDS than ever did under Clinton's regime. So don't come at me with the santimonious bs.

This jack-A started a thread with my name in it. Don't you be a little b.

#9 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,322 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

This reminds me I need to visit my Dodge dealer.

#10 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

More work has been done to help kids in Africa re: AIDS than ever did under Clinton's regime. So don't come at me with the santimonious bs.

Couldn't agree more on helping out the war torn people of Africa (among others). Just contributed to this organization in Uganda. The head of the organization has an inspirational story if you care to check it out.
Hope North is educating and healing the young victims of Uganda’s civil war, including orphans and former child soldiers, empowering them to become voices for peace and development.
Founded in 1998 by artist and former child soldier Okello Sam, Hope North is an accredited secondary school located on a 40-acre campus with an international arts center, vocational training, and a working farm, staffed by 26 dedicated Ugandan educators. Over 1,500 vulnerable youth have lived at Hope North, and today 255 incredible youth are working towards their degrees and planning careers. These youth in turn are contributing to peace-building by organizing educational theater and soccer tournaments throughout the north, an area destroyed by years of war, reaching thousands more. http://www.hopenorth...and-okello-sam/

#11 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,512 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

i'm not sure what those abbreviations mean could you spell them out

#12 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

heavens to betsy! this appears to be a pointed, personal attack!

is anyone trained in CPR? i believe kurb is having a heart attack!

#13 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

The thread was a personal attack.

#14 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER