57 replies to this topic

#1 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Both families are black. Both say the person in the Disney costume refused to touch their kids when they asked for a photo

http://news.yahoo.co...1--finance.html

http://www.10news.co...sneyland-020713

#2 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,211 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

it is a small world huh?

#3 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,153 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Put this in one of these white/black threads a couple days ago. Don't care to look back and find it though.

#4 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Children are children they have no race. Fire them on the spot. How can you turn your back on a child that offers you a hug? heartless fugs.

#5 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,690 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

quick someone quote morgan freeman and insist that nobody should be talking about this because it just makes the problem worse

#6 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

I actually call bullshit on this

I want to see those tapes though

#7 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,211 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

who has a better success rate at getting monetary compensation?

i hope its not true. i really do.

#8 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

Not saying that it isn't true, but I am hesitant when it comes to the news anymore. I would like to see the people that play these characters on a regular basis to see if this is a pattern of behavior or a singular incident. I have a co-worker that actually has friends that have worked in the Disney costumes and there's a lot of concerns about vision, body control, heat stroke, character, etc. If what he told me is right, Disney is FAR more likely to find you out and can you LONG before something like this has a chance to manifest itself and tarnish the brand. He relayed a couple of stories of employees getting pulled immediately for things like not smiling enough, being too charismatic when the character didn't call for it, and... the worst... talking while in the costume.

Perhaps it is different for DisneyLand, EuroDisney, etc.... but again, given my own personal experience with the media, I would be wary of what is being reported as fact when a lot is left on the editing room floor. Hopefully, a youtube search will show a more comprehensive picture to verify the veracity of such a claim.

#9 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,093 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Not saying that it isn't true, but I am hesitant when it comes to the news anymore. I would like to see the people that play these characters on a regular basis to see if this is a pattern of behavior or a singular incident. I have a co-worker that actually has friends that have worked in the Disney costumes and there's a lot of concerns about vision, body control, heat stroke, character, etc. If what he told me is right, Disney is FAR more likely to find you out and can you LONG before something like this has a chance to manifest itself and tarnish the brand. He relayed a couple of stories of employees getting pulled immediately for things like not smiling enough, being too charismatic when the character didn't call for it, and... the worst... talking while in the costume.

Perhaps it is different for DisneyLand, EuroDisney, etc.... but again, given my own personal experience with the media, I would be wary of what is being reported as fact when a lot is left on the editing room floor. Hopefully, a youtube search will show a more comprehensive picture to verify the veracity of such a claim.

Disney's policies and procedures are utilized by corporations around the world as an example of how to properly interact with clients and the public. Could this have happened? Possibly, but if it did, it is in spite of Disney's employee training and vetting efforts, not because of them.

#10 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

No one ever took me to Disneyland as a kid, although my cousins took their yearly trip there, and corrected me when I asked them about Disneyworld...but those are just old scabs I am picking at.

#11 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,989 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

Disney's policies and procedures are utilized by corporations around the world as an example of how to properly interact with clients and the public. Could this have happened? Possibly, but if it did, it is in spite of Disney's employee training and vetting efforts, not because of them.

Exactly.

I worked for ESPN (owned by Disney) in the mid 1990's. They had some of the most leading edge policies in regards to racial, gender, and sexual orientation in business. They were one of the first companies to offer medical coverage for same sex partners.

If this happened (and by haivng two accounts, I would say that it did), it is a factor of an idiot working for Disney....not their corproate practices.

The actor's actions were unacceptable and I guarantee you that they WERE terminated immediately.

The only issue that I have with this situation in a family suing for a monetary payout. Our country has monetized everything. I would respect the family more if their demands were a public apology....a demand for immediate and obvious training of all employees....etc.

By asking for money, it stinks. It looks like someone is looking for a payday.

#12 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

I gots to get paid!

#13 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

Those costumes are difficult to see out of. They turn away from kids of all races on a daily basis, because they have blinders on. This family is just money grubbing lawsuit happy and what's wrong with society today.

#14 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

One family was offered VIP passes and 500 dollars to keep their mouths shut and only wanted a public apology and for that dude to be fired.

Where is this money angle coming from? Oh that's right I forgot....................

#15 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

I saw the tape, the mom was up in the rabbits face screaming "SHE CAN YELL! SHE CAN YELL!" then the kids started calling the rabbit gay over and over.
After five minutes of abuse the mom gets tased and goes down like a ton of bricks.
It was awsesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.