#31 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

I think placing value on all life is the key. The best situation would have been if the mom was depressed, or out of money, or the baby daddy left her, or whatever, would have been for her to have had the baby and put it up for adoption. I don't think the symptoms above would have been relieved by the "procedure" she went through.

Does anyone actually know how an 8 month old is aborted?

I also do not think the abortion doc has much of an conscience being that he could perform this kind of thing. I doubt then that he will lose much sleep about the mom. If it were a true emergency, as many are, then regular docs could have probably helped. The fact that she went to this guy probably says a lot about the "causes and underlying factors".

I suppose we could all fill in the blanks to make it better fit our feelings on the subject, but bottom line, a baby who could have been most likely fine through a C section is no longer. And so also is the mother gone.

Stirs, I wish there was never a legitimate need for an abortion. I know some believe there is no legitimate justification and would rather see a mother die or a baby live a short life in pain and misery than admit there are cases where later term abortions are necessary. It is really not our place to decide either way. It is for the mother and her physician. Show me the woman that carried a healthy baby for eight months and then said adoption isn't an option, kill it. Even in the unlikely event such a monster existed, what doctor is going to risk his eight years of medical school, his practice, his ability to earn a living, and a life sentence in jail for murder? All for an individual he doesn't know from Adam? How far fetched do we have to get? That licensed doctor likely doesn't exist and doesn't apply to this case.
Under Maryland law, people can be charged with murder if they "intend to cause the death of the viable fetus."
The law defines a fetus as "viable" if "there is a reasonable likelihood of the fetus' sustained survival outside the womb." It provides exceptions for licensed doctors. http://www.reuters.c...E82702720120308 The kind of woman that needs a late term abortion http://articles.wash...e-term-abortion

#32 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

We have the case of the butcher in Philly...and now this incident. Who knows how many true cases of late term abortions occur without no one noticing or raising red flags.

Better to just not know...right?

#33 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,974 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

We have the case of the butcher in Philly...and now this incident. Who knows how many true cases of late term abortions occur without no one noticing or raising red flags.

Better to just not know...right?

pushing abortion into the shadows and margins of society (which is what the measures you endorse would result in) is pretty much exactly what we should do if we want many more kermit gosnell (the philadelphia maniac you spoke of) and leroy carhart incidents than we already have.

#34 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,774 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

G5 believes in the magical Reagan fairyland of the 50s when everyone was white, drove a Chevy, and only had sex for procreation.

#35 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Hey, a 57 Chevy is not too shabby

#36 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,774 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

and nothing ever happened in their back seats

#37 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,774 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

http://montgomeryvil...antown-cee1d775

Last week, Capt. Paul Starks, a police spokesman, told The Washington Post that there was “no indication of any criminal activity in this case.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com