Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fox: Solar Energy won't work here because it's not sunny like Germany

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Not sure what you are referring to exactly. I think you are wanting pstall to address the issue? My only point was that the morning crew on Fox is pretty lame.

Posted

Summer in Germany: wake up and it's broad day light. Rush because you're late for work. Check the time. 4:22 AM. ehhh... Still got a few hours of sleep. Dusk until almost midnight.

Winter? Dawn at 9:30ish. Dusk before 3 PM

Posted

Summer in Germany: wake up and it's broad day light. Rush because you're late for work. Check the time. 4:22 AM. ehhh... Still got a few hours of sleep. Dusk until almost midnight.

Winter? Dawn at 9:30ish. Dusk before 3 PM

basically what im getting at here.

Posted

and for the record. me saying what i said i don't see the leap to the conclusion im against solar energy or against it in the US. geez guys.

take off the bias glasses.

im for wind energy as well. whatever we have to do, be it smart and as affordable as possible and test it and re test it, im all for.

Posted

Well I guess our problem has been not putting our solar panels in Alaska...

Posted

or Yuma.

Posted

I would also favor to keep pumping oil from the Dakotas until the price goes down. Also safe nuclear power, like Iran.

Posted

and for the record. me saying what i said i don't see the leap to the conclusion im against solar energy or against it in the US. geez guys.

take off the bias glasses.

im for wind energy as well. whatever we have to do, be it smart and as affordable as possible and test it and re test it, im all for.

Um. Who said you were against solar energy? I only wanted you to support the claim that even some parts of Germany get more sunlight than the US. The rest is your own leap.

Posted

Having lived six years in Arizona (113,998 square miles in area), six years in Nevada (110,561square miles in area) and four years in Germany (137,847 square miles in area) I can tell you that Germany does NOT in any way, shape or form, have a sunlight advantage over the US. The FOX business commenter is only speculating and shows her complete ignorance of what she is talking about (surprise) by making such a ludicrous statement. One of the main reasons the US military has located four of it's major flight training bases in Nevada and Arizona is due to the abundance of sunny cloud free days (good flying conditions) every year. While days are longer up here in the northern extremes of Alaska and Northern Germany, the sun is not as intense (good for Nanuq) and we also have shorter days for half the year too. Another aspect is the number of cloud covered days a region experiences. I spent a year in Germany where we experience some form of precipitation 365 out of 365 days. How many of those days do you think there were clouds in the sky for at least part of the day? FOX Entertainment, bias reinforced, "News" is intended for those who don't know any better, and is wrong, yet again.

Posted

how did she even enter Germany into the conversation then? pretty dumb

Posted

Um. Who said you were against solar energy? I only wanted you to support the claim that even some parts of Germany get more sunlight than the US. The rest is your own leap.

i like leaping i guess.