Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If the Redskins change their names.....

40 posts in this topic

Posted

What are your suggestions?

Town has Wizards,and Nationals.

Posted

Rednecks

Posted

Obama is gonna use his executive powers to change the name to the Washington S k e e t Shooters.

Posted

Washington SS?

Don't think that'll fly

Posted

If they are forced to, I can see Natives as their name.

Posted

WMDs....Come on are you Syrias?

Posted

Washington Goodburgers

Posted

Washington Warriors. "Redskins" is just a reminder of the NFL's racist & offensive past. There are no teams in the other leagues called the Whiteys or the Blackskins with the stereotypical head of a white guy or a black guy as their logo.

Posted

Redskins owner has already trademarked 'Warriors'. He was going to use it for his arena football team, so it wouldn't be that hard for them to switch over. Not sure why people keep saying stuff like "well when I think of Redskins I think of tribal warriors bravely fighting for their people etc et". The original owner of the Redskins named them that because he was a racist and a white supremacist. He did not mean it as a compliment.

Posted

Washington Infantry----both known for overspending

Posted

Redskins owner has already trademarked 'Warriors'. He was going to use it for his arena football team, so it wouldn't be that hard for them to switch over. Not sure why people keep saying stuff like "well when I think of Redskins I think of tribal warriors bravely fighting for their people etc et". The original owner of the Redskins named them that because he was a racist and a white supremacist. He did not mean it as a compliment.

Do not know about the original owner or any of his story but why would anyone want to name their team after somone they found "lesser"?

Posted

Potomac River Basin Indigenous Persons

1 person likes this