Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gabeking

Gettleman expected to release Gamble

116 posts in this topic

He looked good in that top ten defense.....fair well chris

Really? You've forgotten about 2011 when he was #1 in the league when QBs threw his way?

But looks at his last 3 years

2012- injured

2011- great

2010- benched

Gamble hasn't been reliable in his health or play

Really? You've forgotten about 2011 when he was #1 in the league when QBs threw his way?

unfortunately those moments have been few and far between.

he's just not someone that can be relied upon, esp. for that cap hit.

moving on won't be that big of a deal.

2012- injured

2011- great

2010- benched

fixed.

He looked good in that top ten defense.....fair well chris

he was on the sidelines when the D was good.

Going to be a jagged pill this offseason watching these guys get cut

i can't remember the last time i can consciously remember him being an integral part of the team.

he'll be missed, but not sorely.

pretty much how i'm looking at it.

and before that gets interpreted as gamble hate, i've got nothing against him. i think he's talented, but he's not really been an irreplaceable part of the defense. whether the defense was doing well or not, the defense never seemed to take that much of a step backward when he wasn't on the field.

i think the front seven and to an extent rivera's D allow us to do pretty well with less talent in the secondary. that's not to say we shouldn't address it in the offseason, but the front 7 will make it easier on whoever is in the secondary.

You pay a corner that much money he better be on a revis(healthy) level. Im gonna miss him cause of nostalgia but its time the team took the next step. I expect one or two more after this. But in all sincerity, Thanks for the memories gamble. It was a lot of fun.

Yeah I don't care about names anymore unless the name is Cam, Keek, or Kalil. I want wins. And playoffs. Right fuging now.

Another year of non-playoffs

We are one week into the offseason.

Just one week.

The free agency hasn't even started yet I don't

2013- injured

2012- great

2011- benched

You should start with 2012.

2012-hurt

2011-great (best year)

2010-frustrated with John Fox and missed a practice which was the reason for his benching. Still played 11 games.

Before that year, he started all or almost all games each year. Lowest being 12 in 2007. Him always being injured is a myth.

He's always been our best corner besides 2005 with Ken Lucas. His first couple years were rough but after he had been in the league for a while, he became a reliable corner. He had his best year in 2011. He could pick up where he left off this season.

I can see why he is getting cut. I'm not saying we should be keeping him with his current contract. I wish he would restructure though. However, the revisionist history in this thread is ridiculous.

3 people like this

You should start with 2012.

2012-hurt

2011-great (best year)

2010-frustrated with John Fox and missed a practice which was the reason for his benching. Still played 11 games.

Before that year, he started all or almost all games each year. Lowest being 12 in 2007. Him always being injured is a myth.

He's always been our best corner besides 2005 with Ken Lucas. His first couple years were rough but after he had been in the league for a while, he became a reliable corner. He had his best year in 2011. He could pick up where he left off this season.

I can see why he is getting cut. I'm not saying we should be keeping him with his current contract. I wish he would restructure though. However, the revisionist history in this thread is ridiculous.

Typo...

Point remains, D was strong in 2012 and 2010....without him.

He has never been consistent. Overpaid guy that only lived up to his deal one year