Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettleman expected to release Gamble

116 posts in this topic

Posted

Uh yea razor on the bench looked good

Posted

This is the new norm with the rookie salary cap.

The temptation to release a player and save millions and potentially replace or upgrade the position with a player at a bargain rookie contract price is like putting an extra cheese pizza with double pepporoni in front of Rosanne Barr.

The fact we've already enjoyed a player of Cam Newton's talent at a rookie salary cap price for 2 years yet have the Cap woes we do really drives home just how incompetent Marty Hurney was.

Posted

Gamble was a class act and good player. He will he missed.

And yes, it will take at least 2 years to clean up Hurney's mess.

Posted

I think this was bound to happen. I like Gamble but this is a must do.

Posted

Watch us bring in no one as decent as him. Norman and Cap'n might be the starters.

Would almost rather have Campbell and Thomas starting...

Posted

Would almost rather have Campbell and Thomas starting...

Well if we actually use the cap space well save from gamble and sign players at other positions, then we could use a draft pick on a new #1 corner

Posted

We are going to cut some big names. If you think we will replace them with well known veterans you're crazy. The point is to save money. You don't save $7.9m then sign a veteran corner for $5m. Refer to Zod's post about not having money.

The draft is another story. We might get some nice players that route.

Posted

It still blows my mind how we got to this point. I don't know whether to blame Marty or Jerry. They both made big mistakes. Marty said he signed those big deals because the big Cat wanted him to and he expected the salary cap to continue climbing. Meanwhile the Big Cat just finished negotiating a CBA to stop the salary cap from climbing, you would think there would be some communication or foresight.

Posted

I'm a Gamble fan, but this had to be done. I just hope to hell we can find at least a decent replacement.

Posted

http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=rss

This probably will make adding a new defensive back much higher of a priority this offseason.

I wonder what it's like personally to ask a player to restructure? Do they tell them how it is? Or do they make it sound like restructuring is the better deal.... I mean of course it has to be the better deal or players wouldn't sign period. But do they say like "Do this or were going to cut you anyways and you could end up with any team for far less." Or do they go: "You can restructure and help the team out immensely and be on the verge of winning of a championship and if things work out this year, major money for you."?

Posted

This blows but it must be done. I have a gamble jersey too. Sigh...

1 person likes this

Posted

i don't think we'll notice if/when he's gone.

This.