• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#41 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

He looked good in that top ten defense.....fair well chris

he was on the sidelines when the D was good.

#42 dugbug

dugbug

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Going to be a jagged pill this offseason watching these guys get cut

#43 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

i can't remember the last time i can consciously remember him being an integral part of the team.

he'll be missed, but not sorely.

pretty much how i'm looking at it.

and before that gets interpreted as gamble hate, i've got nothing against him. i think he's talented, but he's not really been an irreplaceable part of the defense. whether the defense was doing well or not, the defense never seemed to take that much of a step backward when he wasn't on the field.

i think the front seven and to an extent rivera's D allow us to do pretty well with less talent in the secondary. that's not to say we shouldn't address it in the offseason, but the front 7 will make it easier on whoever is in the secondary.

#44 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

You pay a corner that much money he better be on a revis(healthy) level. Im gonna miss him cause of nostalgia but its time the team took the next step. I expect one or two more after this. But in all sincerity, Thanks for the memories gamble. It was a lot of fun.

#45 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCape Fear Area
HUDDLER

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Yeah I don't care about names anymore unless the name is Cam, Keek, or Kalil. I want wins. And playoffs. Right fuging now.

#46 Rags

Rags

help

• LocationButtsville, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Another year of non-playoffs

We are one week into the offseason.

Just one week.

The free agency hasn't even started yet I don't

#47 KillerKat

KillerKat

To Hell With Bell

HUDDLER

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

But looks at his last 3 years

2013- injured
2012- great
2011- benched

Gamble hasn't been reliable in his health or play

You should start with 2012.

2012-hurt
2011-great (best year)
2010-frustrated with John Fox and missed a practice which was the reason for his benching. Still played 11 games.

Before that year, he started all or almost all games each year. Lowest being 12 in 2007. Him always being injured is a myth.

He's always been our best corner besides 2005 with Ken Lucas. His first couple years were rough but after he had been in the league for a while, he became a reliable corner. He had his best year in 2011. He could pick up where he left off this season.

I can see why he is getting cut. I'm not saying we should be keeping him with his current contract. I wish he would restructure though. However, the revisionist history in this thread is ridiculous.

#48 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

You should start with 2012.

2012-hurt
2011-great (best year)
2010-frustrated with John Fox and missed a practice which was the reason for his benching. Still played 11 games.

Before that year, he started all or almost all games each year. Lowest being 12 in 2007. Him always being injured is a myth.

He's always been our best corner besides 2005 with Ken Lucas. His first couple years were rough but after he had been in the league for a while, he became a reliable corner. He had his best year in 2011. He could pick up where he left off this season.

I can see why he is getting cut. I'm not saying we should be keeping him with his current contract. I wish he would restructure though. However, the revisionist history in this thread is ridiculous.

Typo...

Point remains, D was strong in 2012 and 2010....without him.

He has never been consistent. Overpaid guy that only lived up to his deal one year

#49 Catfight84

Catfight84

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Uh yea razor on the bench looked good

#50 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

HUDDLER

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

This is the new norm with the rookie salary cap.

The temptation to release a player and save millions and potentially replace or upgrade the position with a player at a bargain rookie contract price is like putting an extra cheese pizza with double pepporoni in front of Rosanne Barr.

The fact we've already enjoyed a player of Cam Newton's talent at a rookie salary cap price for 2 years yet have the Cap woes we do really drives home just how incompetent Marty Hurney was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users