115 replies to this topic

#76 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

I'm thinking denver

I'd be surprised if he played for fox again.

#77 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

He prob is going to sign with the Pats and be a pro bowler.

just like every other guy we release.

more than likely he'll play solid and then get hurt or just be as anonymous as he's ever been.

#78 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

I wonder what it's like personally to ask a player to restructure? Do they tell them how it is? Or do they make it sound like restructuring is the better deal.... I mean of course it has to be the better deal or players wouldn't sign period. But do they say like "Do this or were going to cut you anyways and you could end up with any team for far less." Or do they go: "You can restructure and help the team out immensely and be on the verge of winning of a championship and if things work out this year, major money for you."?

You call Tyrone in and say "Ty, you know that $5 mil salary we owe you next year, and the $6 mil we owe you the next year, and the $7 mil we owe you the next year? Well, we're going to cut you to $1 mill for each of the next 3 years. But we're going to give you $15 mil right now in case we cut your ass next week. How 'bout it?

If Ty says "NO WAY YOU'RE CUTTING MY SALARY", then you better let him go right now because he's dumber than a box of rocks.

#79 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,357 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Axing Stew or Dwill does nothing to help our cap this year if anything it'll hurt us. And their going to be hard to trade. I think Deangelo's becomes easier to cut him next year, not sure. Maybe could restructure though. I think if we beef up the oline and start calling pro style runs again they will bounce back. Deangelo broke several runs the last few games when we changed the O up.

We need to start thinking about 2014 though and reshaping our core.

#80 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,357 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

All time leader in INTs for the team inconsistent? If he wasnt consistent leading up to John Fox's exit i dont know what it is.

Yes, inconsistent.

He is all time INT leader bc no other CB has that many years here.

#81 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,881 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

I'd be surprised if he played for fox again.

valid point, forgot about their riff during fox's last year here

#82 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Sucks, but it's a necessary move. Gamble has had injury issues the last two seasons, is on the wrong side of 30, and has a big cap hit. That usually adds up to being a cap casualty.

#83 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,435 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

valid point, forgot about their riff during fox's last year here

Can you remind me of this? What happened?

#84 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

This team is a mess. If you think we're having cap issues now, just wait until we have to sign Cam to a huge contract.

#85 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

both of seattle's corners especially sherman are about to get paid out the ass once their deals are up- so that really isn't a fair comparison

...'about to get paid' and getting paid are two different things.

I could also argue that they deserved to get paid a lot more than Gamble ever should have been.

Not his fault the Panthers are stupid in player management.

Gamble is a decent corner, he is not a Revis corner, and yet the Panthers paid him like he is and that is part and parcel why the Panthers are were they are today.

It seems as though the better teams find those 3-5 players that are indispensable and the rest are.

The Panthers hopefully will do the same thing now.

#86 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

pretty much how i'm looking at it.

and before that gets interpreted as gamble hate, i've got nothing against him. i thonk he's talented, but he's not really been an irreplaceable part of the defense. whether the defense was doing well or not, the defense never seemed to take that much of a step backward when he wasn't on the field.

i think the front seven and to an extent rivera's D allow us to do pretty well with less talent in the secondary. that's not to say we shouldn't address it in the offseason, but the front 7 will make it easier on whoever is in the secondary.

This.

Agree 100%

#87 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Yes, inconsistent.

He is all time INT leader bc no other CB has that many years here.

LOL. And what does that say about those guys?? As many players that have played in our secondary, he has outlasted all of them because he is inconsistent??

#88 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,881 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Can you remind me of this? What happened?

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5872686

#89 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

LOL. And what does that say about those guys?? As many players that have played in our secondary, he has outlasted all of them because he is inconsistent??

Do you watch football? when was the last time we brought in/drafted a decent DB prospect???

#90 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

This.

Agree 100%

Agreed, thats a great way to put it. Im not against releasing Gamble because its the right move for the team. He is expendable because our front seven has improved dramatically and makes things easier on our secondary. But all this down talking is real far fetched and sounds more like self opinion. You cant look at his career stats and say he hasnt been a great player for us or he would have been gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com