Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potential FA targets according to the Observer

27 posts in this topic

Posted

IMO, another quality TE is not only a cheaper option than WR, it is also a better fit for this offense. We cannot afford a WR that is better than what we have. We can however, afford a TE that fills a need.

Olsen, Cook, Smitty, and Lafell. Yeah, I like that group. And you can still run the ball. Win/win.

Posted

Give me Cook i can do without the rest of them....

Posted

I don't see us doing a lot, but Canty seems very likely and I would really like him on our front four.

Posted

Would cream if we got cook. Loved him at SC and he blew up at the combine.

Posted

Cook and Canty (If he stays healthy) would be excellent pick-ups. They would would markedly lessen our need to reach for so-so DT or WR in the draft. Both would probably have a similar impact as the Olsen signing if we could get them to play anywhere near their potential. I wouldn't necessarily be girlie giddy, but I would definitely give a "Hell, yeah!"

Posted

Walker IS a better blocker. Not close. I think with our awful O-Line, A TE like Walker would be amazing. Both the run and passing game would improve a lot if he is used right. He needs to work on his hands but he has good speed and gets open a lot and can go up and catch it. Even still he's much better overall than Cook at this point.

I wouldn't mind Walker. You're right in that he's probably the better blocker but my only problem with him is that he drops a lot of balls.

I'd prefer Cook because he's a better vertical threat and a much bigger target (6-5 compared to 6-0). Both would bring a lot of value though.

Dustin Keller is another guy I wouldn't mind but he might be out of our price range.

Posted

I have had another TE on the radar for a while now, i wouldn't be upset if we drafted the guy out of Notre Dame or Stanford. They are great receivers period. TEs are match up nightmares.

Posted

Oh person made the list? Not even gonna click the link

wish I woulda known damn't

Posted

Considering the TE position is practically a WR these days ... Cook and Olsen lined up (matchup nightmare) along with Smitty just gave me a wet dream.

Posted

that isn't a bad list honestly. we do need another TE.

Posted

Joe actually did his homework for once. Not that it took much, but I'm still surprised nonetheless

Posted

Jared Cook has looked good every game I've seen.