• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Since when can a player touch an official for ANY reason.

There is absolutely zero, nada, zilch excuse that is justifiable for this action by any player.

The NFL needs to start enforcing ejections or this won't be pretty.

#17 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

The NFL plays favorites, that is a fact.

#18 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,756 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Are you saying Cam didn't deserve that fine? You can't be serious. Players are not supposed to influence the refs' decision-making by scaring the sh*t out of them. Getting in the face of refs and intimidating them because the penalties you want aren't being called is just crossing the line. What Cam did was immature, disrespectful, and unsportsmanlike. Williams just lost his cool in the biggest game and did something stupid. While I think both of these players deserve fines, what they did were two completely different things.

And he didn't push the ref to the ground:

Posted Image

Wow, are you mad or what? Don't trip over your own feet explaining yourself there pal.

So you are saying Cam is a thug who shanked a ref on the field, but the other guy is an angel?

I hope you were drunk posting last night. Thanks for the laugh though.

#19 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,487 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Are you saying Cam didn't deserve that fine? You can't be serious. Players are not supposed to influence the refs' decision-making by scaring the sh*t out of them. Getting in the face of refs and intimidating them because the penalties you want aren't being called is just crossing the line. What Cam did was immature, disrespectful, and unsportsmanlike. Williams just lost his cool in the biggest game and did something stupid. While I think both of these players deserve fines, what they did were two completely different things.

And he didn't push the ref to the ground:

Posted Image

This poo right here is straight up retarded. Please tell you don't actually believe the nonsense you just typed.

#20 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

I did say they both deserved fines....

Just pointing out that what these two did aren't the same thing.

#21 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

I did say they both deserved fines....

Just pointing out that what these two did aren't the same thing.

One pushed a ref doing his job. The other "scared" a ref doing his job. Which one is worse? Which one do you think deserved a fine if you didn't know the names?

#22 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

One pushed a ref doing his job. The other "scared" a ref doing his job. Which one is worse? Which one do you think deserved a fine if you didn't know the names?

We have videos of both altercations. We really don't need to simplify it. Both actions were stupid and clear violations. Cam's was more disrespectful and unsportsmanlike. It's like everyone is forgetting that Cam wasn't flagged for the contact, but for being disrespectful to the official. I'd like to think he wouldn't have gotten the fine if it weren't for that flag. Point is, there was more to it than just contact so these two scenarios aren't really the same.

#23 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,756 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Cam got up right after a bullshit tackle to go after the player and the ref happened to be right there between them.

It shouldn't have happened and he learned his lesson imo, but you are highly over exaggerating it.

#24 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Cam got up right after a bullshit tackle to go after the player and the ref happened to be right there between them.

It shouldn't have happened and he learned his lesson imo, but you are highly over exaggerating it.

No, I'm not. Because it was a mistake, it wasn't rude and inappropriate?

I don't know what your definitions of the words "disrespectful" and "unsportsmanlike" are, but I'm not calling Cam the devil. These were the exact words used by the ref that flagged him either way.

#25 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

We have videos of both altercations. We really don't need to simplify it. Both actions were stupid and clear violations. Cam's was more disrespectful and unsportsmanlike. It's like everyone is forgetting that Cam wasn't flagged for the contact, but for being disrespectful to the official. I'd like to think he wouldn't have gotten the fine if it weren't for that flag. Point is, there was more to it than just contact so these two scenarios aren't really the same.

Total bullshit, and you know it. Williams pushed the ref as you would push someone in a fight, Williams contact was way more malicious than Cam's, and even AFTER the ref tried to calm him down, he still was going after the 49ers players and he still didn't get a flag.

#26 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

I don't understand how you don't get a flag for unsportsmanlike, when he persistently tried to provoke them.

#27 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Total bullshit, and you know it. Williams pushed the ref as you would push someone in a fight, Williams contact was way more malicious than Cam's, and even AFTER the ref tried to calm him down, he still was going after the 49ers players and he still didn't get a flag.

My point is still the same. These two scenarios can't be compared just because of the contact.

Never did I say Williams did nothing wrong. I do think what Cam did was worse.

#28 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,756 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

No, I'm not. Because it was a mistake, it wasn't rude and inappropriate?

I don't know what your definitions of the words "disrespectful" and "unsportsmanlike" are, but I'm not calling Cam the devil. These were the exact words used by the ref that flagged him either way.

Bottom line, neither of us were down there on the field with Boger and Cam. Nor were the idiotic sports analysts.

No point on arguing with you, because clearly you already have a flawed judgement made up in your mind.

#29 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Bottom line, neither of us were down there on the field with Boger and Cam. Nor were the idiotic sports analysts.

No point on arguing with you, because clearly you already have a flawed judgement made up in your mind.

It's not flawed. We just disagree. These are opinions after all considering we weren't on the field.

#30 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,756 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

It's not flawed. We just disagree. These are opinions after all considering we weren't on the field.

Well, you were the first to go off on a diatribe about the matter.

You should know the ways of the huddle by now. People will call out your posts, quick change the subject again.

Nice edit. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.