Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Profootballfocus' Team Needs For the Carolina Panthers.

42 posts in this topic

Posted

pretty good read. Would like to see Glenn Dorsey as well as Geoff Schwartz here.

Posted

PFF is usually pretty good, but....when did Frank Alexander become a DT, lol

They used all 7 who logged reps....so our 3 DEs were used

Posted

This team gains nothing by adding Barden.

He easily could immediately be our 3rd best WR

Posted

PFF is usually pretty good, but....when did Frank Alexander become a DT, lol

They said of players that played over 100 snaps at Dt. Never said he was a full time Dt

Posted

Schwartz and Dorsey, then grab a corner and receiver in the first two rounds. Call it a day

Posted

the team should look at a receiver like Ramses Barden. The Giant was a third-round pick in 2009, but just hasn’t been able to get onto the field much in a deep New York receiving corp, playing 419 snaps in four seasons. Over the course of those seasons, he’s caught a total of 29 balls, with just under half of them coming this season, where he saw 19 targets over five games. Coincidentally, the best game of his career came in the team’s Week 3 matchup with the Panthers, in which he caught 9 of 10 targets for 138 yards.

Admittedly, to see Barden being successful in Carolina takes some projecting, but, at 6-foot-6, he offers great size and he could be that big target on the outside to complement Smith. Perhaps most importantly, he’d be cheap.

The Giants have been god at finding receivers. Gettleman will know if Barden is as good as this sounds....cheap is also good for us.

Posted

Except another wide receiver who is better than everyone else besides Smitty and Lafell...

So basically another Louis Murphy/Legadu Naane?? Whooppeee!!!!!!!!

Posted

pssst #2 spot opposite 89 is already taken. . no one talking about it yet. . . . . . Blankman is coming

Posted

I would love Dorsey.

Posted

How come almost every name they give us is coming off some sort of injury? I realize we need to go cheap, but do our cheap guys all need to be recovering from an injury?

There are going to be a whole lot of cheap guys out there this year. Maybe we should look at the healthy guys first, then settle for what we can get later.

Shcwartz, if healthy, would be a huge upgrade. Any DT worth his salt is an upgrade, as are DBs. But there are prescious few WR that could make us better. But get a good TE to pair with Olsen, and that very well make us a lot better.

Good and exciting times are acomin'. My giddy wouldn't lie to me.

Posted

I quit reading when he said Frank Alexander was a DT.

Posted

Ok I realize we don't have a lot of money to go pursue free agents, but how much does PFF think signing Sammie Lee Hill will cost?