Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Profootballfocus' Team Needs For the Carolina Panthers.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • Location910

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

PFF is usually pretty good, but....when did Frank Alexander become a DT, lol

They said of players that played over 100 snaps at Dt. Never said he was a full time Dt

#17 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Schwartz and Dorsey, then grab a corner and receiver in the first two rounds. Call it a day

#18 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

the team should look at a receiver like Ramses Barden. The Giant was a third-round pick in 2009, but just hasn’t been able to get onto the field much in a deep New York receiving corp, playing 419 snaps in four seasons. Over the course of those seasons, he’s caught a total of 29 balls, with just under half of them coming this season, where he saw 19 targets over five games. Coincidentally, the best game of his career came in the team’s Week 3 matchup with the Panthers, in which he caught 9 of 10 targets for 138 yards.
Admittedly, to see Barden being successful in Carolina takes some projecting, but, at 6-foot-6, he offers great size and he could be that big target on the outside to complement Smith. Perhaps most importantly, he’d be cheap.

The Giants have been god at finding receivers. Gettleman will know if Barden is as good as this sounds....cheap is also good for us.

#19 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Except another wide receiver who is better than everyone else besides Smitty and Lafell...

So basically another Louis Murphy/Legadu Naane?? Whooppeee!!!!!!!!

#20 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

pssst #2 spot opposite 89 is already taken. . no one talking about it yet. . . . . . Blankman is coming

#21 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,151 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

I would love Dorsey.

#22 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

How come almost every name they give us is coming off some sort of injury? I realize we need to go cheap, but do our cheap guys all need to be recovering from an injury?

There are going to be a whole lot of cheap guys out there this year. Maybe we should look at the healthy guys first, then settle for what we can get later.

Shcwartz, if healthy, would be a huge upgrade. Any DT worth his salt is an upgrade, as are DBs. But there are prescious few WR that could make us better. But get a good TE to pair with Olsen, and that very well make us a lot better.

Good and exciting times are acomin'. My giddy wouldn't lie to me.

#23 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

I quit reading when he said Frank Alexander was a DT.

#24 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Ok I realize we don't have a lot of money to go pursue free agents, but how much does PFF think signing Sammie Lee Hill will cost?

#25 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Barden is a great idea. I think he might be more talented than lafell. Dorsey would also get me fired up. That way the team could focus on the ol and secondary in the draft....lets hope gettleman magic is in effect.

#26 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,576 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

This team gains nothing by adding Barden.

I would have said that before Barden torched us. Haven't seen too many of our WRs not named Smith have a game like that. None actually in a few years.

#27 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,290 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I would have said that before Barden torched us. Haven't seen too many of our WRs not named Smith have a game like that. None actually in a few years.

we are the only team he's ever looked any good against.

only reason i would want him on this team is to keep him from being on another team and torching our D. i wouldn't expect him to look anything like that against any other team.

#28 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Are the ratings from PFF accurate in measuring a player's game? I already know that 'experts' from ESPN are bs, but can you count on PFF?

#29 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,537 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

How come almost every name they give us is coming off some sort of injury? I realize we need to go cheap, but do our cheap guys all need to be recovering from an injury?

There are going to be a whole lot of cheap guys out there this year. Maybe we should look at the healthy guys first, then settle for what we can get later.

PFF isn't game planning for Rivera/FO, but to include gaining solid talent at a cheap price in an article requires another factor, like injuries from a previous year, or else we aren't talking cheap.

#30 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

PFF isn't game planning for Rivera/FO, but to include gaining solid talent at a cheap price in an article requires another factor, like injuries from a previous year, or else we aren't talking cheap.

Ok, maybe cheap is the wrong word. How about inexpensive? We are talking one year contracts here. Reasonable pay, for a reasonbly good player. There very well could be a ton of guys, that fit that bill, looking for a job. Why not here?

Use the draft wisely, and fill in some holes with inexpensive FAs. That just may get us where we want to go.

By all accounts Gettlemen has been locked in the film room evaluating our team. If he sees a need that can be filled at a reasonble price. Why not go for it? I trust him to do whatever he can to help Rivera build a solid team. And I don't believe it takes a lot of money to do so. Especially this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com