Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do we resign any of our free UFAs?

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I really think a majority of those guys are gone. I fully expect Gettlman to do his thing and find the right guys to fill the holes. And for a smaller price tag.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jarhead' timestamp='1360514831' post='2131060']
I am sure we sign some of these guys...we have to have 53 players.
[/quote]

Could be better FA options...

Posted · Report post

I lost sight of Applewhite, but didn't he have some good games in a fill in role?

Posted · Report post

Munnerlyn has starting experience, is a more than capable nickel, and is a good player on ST in multiple phases.

One of Hurney's biggest failures was his inability to provide good depth to supplement our starters. It's why a single injury or two could destroy one of our seasons. If you wanna turn that around, you keep guys like Munnerlyn.

Keeping Sherrod in a reserve role would be fine by me. Dwan should probably be held on to as well. I like Senn and he's a capable STer so throw him in there. Other than that, I don't see anybody who I care to bring back. Maybe one of the TEs, but nobody else.

Posted · Report post

dwan , maybe phillips or senn

Posted · Report post

murphy, dwan, senn, capt, and phillips.

Posted · Report post

There's a few of 'em I'd like to keep... but above all else I think we have to keep the Cap'n.

Posted · Report post

You have to forget that Sherrod didn't live up to his draft position and evaluate him for what he is and what he costs right now. If healthy and if at the veteran minimum he is an asset.

Posted · Report post

Dwan Edwards (provided contract demands aren't high)
Jordan Senn
Jason Phillips
Captain Munnerlyn (decent chance someone outbids us here - he's about as good a nickle as you could want)

Posted · Report post

Captain and dwan are the only ones i would be concerned if we didnt sign back. Captain especially. The rest we could replace relatively easily.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Happy Panther' timestamp='1360513332' post='2131031']

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]QB Derek Anderson[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]WR Louis Murphy[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]TE Ben Hartsock[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]TE Gary Barnidge[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]G Mike Pollak[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]DE Antwan Applewhite[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]DT Dwan Edwards[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]LB Jason Phillips[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]LB Jordan Senn[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]CB Captain Munnerlyn[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]S Sherrod Martin[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=2]Read more here: [url="http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/02/09/3844510/carolina-panthers-potential-salary.html#storylink=cpy"]http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy[/url][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Applewhite, Phillips, Senn and Captain if he takes a small contract.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ken' timestamp='1360519464' post='2131138']

Applewhite, Phillips, Senn and Captain if he takes a small contract.
[/quote]

Depends on what small is. I'm guessing he will want $2M - $3M or more. Pulling that number out of nowhere.