Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do we resign any of our free UFAs?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Cap, Dwan, and Phillips. Let the other scrubs walk.

Posted

I resign these

WR Louis Murphy

DT Dwan Edwards

LB Jason Phillips

S Sherrod Martin

Posted

Sherrod is gone, he won't even be healthy by the time training camp comes around. Remember, he tore his acl late in the season.

Posted

Do we resign any of our free UFAs?

QB Derek Anderson

WR Louis Murphy

TE Ben Hartsock

TE Gary Barnidge

G Mike Pollak

DE Antwan Applewhite

DT Dwan Edwards

LB Jason Phillips

LB Jordan Senn

CB Captain Munnerlyn

S Sherrod Martin

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

Nice try Gettleman. We arn't doing your work for you. Better be watching the tape!

Posted

I doubt we jump on most of the guys and let them shop around to establish their true worth to avoid overpaying. I would think guys like captain, applewhite, Edwards, Murphy, and Wilson will be solid contributors. We will bring in 80 guys to camp. Some of these guys could be important cogs to our success. Others like Martin are gone.

Posted

am I the only one that wants Murphy back?

Posted

Nice try Gettleman. We arn't doing your work for you. Better be watching the tape!

:(

This GM stuff is hard.

Posted

I would be interested in seeing if anyone would sign our UFA's and how they perform in another. Im sure they would, but most likely not anyone's first choice. This is a very underwhelming list of players. I thought it was funny seeing Jordan Pugh playing in the playoffs for Washington.

I know someone will pick up Anderson, but who cares about backup quarterbacks. The rest of them who cares in my opinion.

Posted

All of these guys are replaceable. I think we'll only re-sign Dwan Edwards.

Posted

I do not understand the love for Dwan. He was good vs the pass, bad vs. the run.

We need the opposite. We can bring Hardy inside on pass situations if we need to. We need a run stopping 3 technique and hope he can get a little push on pass plays. He made $4 m last year. He will take less, but not that much less. We are trying to get better at DT-I do not see him getting better at 33.

I would not be surprised to see Phillips, Barnidge, and maybe Capt. Munnerlyn (if he gets no offers) back to cheap deals. Of course, if Phillips cannot play another position and we do not trade or cut Beason (I do not see us doing that), then he is probably gone.

Posted

DWAN, BETTER!

Posted

Captain and maybe Dwan (but not at $4 million a year).