Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What could the NFL do with the off season?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

The NFL Network should put together a "NFL Films" breakdown for each team from the previous season, featuring every single game. Ideally the footage would be about an hour long and include postgame quotes from the players and coaches. They could release the games chronologically every week or biweekly. It'd be like rewatching the entire season with a behind the scenes prespective.

Posted

ya, I'd be way more up for something like that!

more indepth look at the players, how they live, how they prepare in the offseason...that sort of stuff.

I like when they put more of a human twist on the players instead of just numbers!

E-60 type stuff.

Posted

I got two more weeks this year than you.

Suck it

Posted

Suck it

yes you did

Posted

The USFL is coming back. Did none of y'all hear about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Football_League#Revival

Posted

yes you did

I keel you.

Posted

A beach volleyball league for the cheerleaders of each team. The o-lineman are their cheerleaders

Posted

A beach volleyball league for the cheerleaders of each team. The o-lineman are their cheerleaders

This has potential.

Posted

you two just wanna see o-lineman in short shorts playing with their pom poms!

1 person likes this

Posted

you two just wanna see o-lineman in short shorts playing with their pom poms!

Kalil would probably love it haha

Made me think of this:

Posted

The NFL leaves you wanting more, that is a good thing for their product. It beats burning people out on it.

I agree. I think one of the things that makes football work is that it's only played once a week. The drama builds, the excitement, all of it. It's one of the reasons, although many, as to why football is so popular. Just compare it to baseball and like a World Series. You can have an exciting victory but before you can celebrate, you're playing another game tomorrow. The fun dies real quick.

As far as a minor league for the NFL, just think of NFL Europe, the USFL and the UFL, which I believe is still around. Maybe?

The problem is, people want to see stars. A lot of those second tier leagues will give guys second chances like Daunte Culpepper with the Sacramento Mountain Lions or Lawrence Phillips, the troubled star who went to Nebraska, which is cool. I remember one year in Europe, Lawrence rushed for like 14 touchdowns and signed with the 9ers that summer before his attitude came back and they cut him. Still, stories like that are nice.

I just think the NFL has failed too often with second run leagues The things is, people want to see stars that the sport has marketed. Otherwise you have a game that's broadcast on some cable channel that nobody gets or wants like versus or spike tv and the ratings are poor and nobody is happy, not even the fan.

I think the NFL really wants to market the sport in Europe and with the way things went with NFL Europe, I don't see them trying anything along those lines again.

As far as the big wait, before you know it the draft will be here.

Posted

It would be great to see the NFL put more effort in promoting the NFL in Europe. In my country, people are not aware of the NFL. Yeah with the Super Bowl, people tend to look, not knowing any of the rules. Some hang on to it, most just forget about NFL till next Super Bowl.