24 replies to this topic

#16 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

I'm headed to Florida in 2 days for some R&R and some charter fishing. Doesn't really help Arsen with his question but I just wanted to be envied a bit.

#17 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,730 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

Its all good JR. You gonna fish marlin?

#18 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Its all good JR. You gonna fish marlin?

Don't know...my parents live down there during the winter and we usually just surf fish. Dad called last night and asked if I would be interested in charterting a boat this year. He said he would look into what they were catching right now and set it up.

I have sail fished down there a couple times and loved it.

#19 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Can't help you down there, but if you want to drive up to Wilmington, I know quite a few.

Gonna be a long ride either way, hope none of you get sea sick.

You are probably looking at about a 3 hour one way go if you are going to the good blue water.

#20 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,730 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Apparently all my friends change their mind so only 1 other person would like to go and I really don't want to pay $1,600 for 2 people. Are there some mixed charters or something. I do not want to go on a boat with more than 10 people. I don't mind paying $600 for 2 people.

#21 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,730 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Got other friends to join in. $1,000 for 9 hours. Boat cruising speed at 30 knots (35mph). They will take us 40-50 miles out. I went with a Kurb recommendation.

#22 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,767 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

I don't know if it's bluefin season yet...but get one of those nice ones and you can pay for your trip.

#23 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

I was going to go last summer. I already had the trip paid for and everything but they called the day before and said that due to storms the water was too rough. Seriously disappointed as fug when that happened. I had convinced myself that all of those years of sitting on a creek bank and catching nothing would pay off when I go on the charter and catch jaws.

#24 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,767 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Yeah...weather can ruin it.

Nor'easter hit once when we were to go out of Oregon Inlet. We pulled up to the marina at 5am hoping and the captain happened to be there to clean or something. He looked at us...and pointed towards the ocean side and said "You hear that? Ain't no way I'm taking this boat out in that." He probably saved us losing a lot of breakfast. The ocean was a roar...and if you know Oregon Inlet, you know it's not right at the ocean.

#25 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Got other friends to join in. $1,000 for 9 hours. Boat cruising speed at 30 knots (35mph). They will take us 40-50 miles out. I went with a Kurb recommendation.

Best case!!!

Just be prepared, to catch good fish you need to go farther.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com