Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurney, the worst contract negotiator of all time? Panthers in worse cap shape in 2014

83 posts in this topic

Posted

Eh, he did some bad stuff, but he got Cam and Kuechly while rarely missing in the first. He probably should have been fired, but he is not the unholy abomination that some people want to be all dramatic and bitch about. There have been numerous GMs recently that are/were worse than him.

How many winning seasons? I'll wait.

Posted

How many winning seasons? I'll wait.

Cool, Skip Bayless. Why don't you go count rings and tell me why Brad Johnson is better than Marino.

He did fine job. Not good, not terrible, but fine which is why his trademark was 8-8 or 7-9.

Posted

Our fans seem to accept mediocrity, or in Hurney's case, poo.

2 people like this

Posted

lol, at being blind that we're in this situation because of Hurney.

And thinking that this situation is insurmountable is just plain silly. We have the same issues as a ton of other teams, and if we were way under the cap everyone would be talking about how Hurney never spent enough.

Here's an interesting piece of information. He's gone. Has been for months, in fact. There's a new guy doing the job, and he's got the same sort of issues that most GMs do. Should we give him a five year pass now? Or maybe you and all the Hurney/Fox bashers can get on with your lives instead of working through your anger by taking shots at people who are no longer relevant.

So we're up against a lot of cap-imposed limitations on what we can spend. We all get it. Gamble is probably gone (which should please some people who think he's awful). There are other contracts that need to be renegotiated. The question here is what can Gettleman do about it, unless you take some sort of perverse satisfaction in being negative about Hurney.

I mean really, how long do you need to get over it?

1 person likes this

Posted

Our fans seem to accept mediocrity, or in Hurney's case, poo.

Hey, you know the guy in your avatar? Hurney drafted him despite everyone else in the world saying it was a terrible idea. He did a lot of things poorly, but he did a lot well too.

Posted

gag

Posted

That cap figure will drop immensely(at least 30 million) once Gamble's contract and other inflated contracts nearing their end come off the books, whether it be via restructure or cuts. This is a non story.

Posted

Hey, you know the guy in your avatar? Hurney drafted him despite everyone else in the world saying it was a terrible idea. He did a lot of things poorly, but he did a lot well too.

Cool, he was a good at drafting in the FIRST round, wow. Kudos, that made me feel better about having four losing seasons in a row.

Posted

Keep wishing for restructures! Nobody flat out agrees to less money! Players are going to get theirs whether pay me now or pay me later

Posted

Cool, he was a good at drafting in the FIRST round, wow. Kudos, that made me feel better about having four losing seasons in a row.

Jesus Christ. We went 7-9 last season with multiple one possession games lost and some of you whiny mother fugers would have me believe that all Panther fans were tied up, put into a darkened room, and beaten with a rod for 5 months.

Posted

Keep wishing for restructures! Nobody flat out agrees to less money! Players are going to get theirs whether pay me now or pay me later

I'm gonna try to finish typing this reply before someone comes in here and totally blast the poo out of you for making a silly assumption/mistake.

Cap hits are not = to players salaries. There is too many threads on here that help you understand that for me to type it up again. But what you just said is silly to put it nicely...

Posted

Jesus Christ. We went 7-9 last season with multiple one possession games lost and some of you whiny mother fugers would have me believe that all Panther fans were tied up, put into a darkened room, and beaten with a rod for 5 months.

Man, I should really be ecstatic for 7-9! Let's celebrate mediocrity!

1 person likes this