Photo
- - - - -

Hurney, the worst contract negotiator of all time? Panthers in worse cap shape in 2014

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

That cap figure will drop immensely(at least 30 million) once Gamble's contract and other inflated contracts nearing their end come off the books, whether it be via restructure or cuts. This is a non story.

#32 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,284 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Hey, you know the guy in your avatar? Hurney drafted him despite everyone else in the world saying it was a terrible idea. He did a lot of things poorly, but he did a lot well too.

Cool, he was a good at drafting in the FIRST round, wow. Kudos, that made me feel better about having four losing seasons in a row.

#33 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Keep wishing for restructures! Nobody flat out agrees to less money! Players are going to get theirs whether pay me now or pay me later

#34 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Cool, he was a good at drafting in the FIRST round, wow. Kudos, that made me feel better about having four losing seasons in a row.

Jesus Christ. We went 7-9 last season with multiple one possession games lost and some of you whiny mother fugers would have me believe that all Panther fans were tied up, put into a darkened room, and beaten with a rod for 5 months.

#35 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Keep wishing for restructures! Nobody flat out agrees to less money! Players are going to get theirs whether pay me now or pay me later

I'm gonna try to finish typing this reply before someone comes in here and totally blast the poo out of you for making a silly assumption/mistake.

Cap hits are not = to players salaries. There is too many threads on here that help you understand that for me to type it up again. But what you just said is silly to put it nicely...

#36 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,284 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Jesus Christ. We went 7-9 last season with multiple one possession games lost and some of you whiny mother fugers would have me believe that all Panther fans were tied up, put into a darkened room, and beaten with a rod for 5 months.

Man, I should really be ecstatic for 7-9! Let's celebrate mediocrity!

#37 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hey morons. We will make moves this year that will dramatically affect our cap figures for next year. Our cap figures are not going to stay stagnant from this year going into next. Looking at our cap two years from now is the dumbest poo ever.

#38 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

No, but quit acting like Hurney beat your mother to death with a folding chair and stole then all your sandwich meat. It wasn't that goddamn bad. There's a happy medium between celebrating mediocrity and acting like you went through trauma.

#39 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

I read in 'Maxim' that 7-9 is the new 10-6. Get with it, brosophagus.

#40 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

I mean, we haven't even restructured, cut, traded, or made any fuging off-season moves for the 2013 season and you idiots are looking at the 2014 cap like it exists in a fuging vacuum. At least wait until we see what contracts we bring into the start of THIS season, for fugs sake.

#41 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,284 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

No, but quit acting like Hurney beat your mother to death with a folding chair and stole then all your sandwich meat. It wasn't that goddamn bad. There's a happy medium between celebrating mediocrity and acting like you went through trauma.

2-14(Hurney)
6-10(Hurney)
1-5(Hurney)

Sounds traumatic to me.

#42 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,816 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

people are still defending Hurney

lol

#43 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

2-14(Hurney)
6-10(Hurney)
1-5(Hurney)

Sounds traumatic to me.

Yea I hear you, maybe if everyone keeps bitching about him and making ill informed threads we'll fire him and get a new gm..oh wait.

#44 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,284 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

I like how people are attacking me for putting the fault on Hurney, WHEN HE'S THE ONE WHO SIGNED THE fuging CONTRACTS THAT HAS US IN THIS PLACE.

#45 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,304 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Bottom line, Hurney was one of the worst GMs in the NFL of the 2000's. He put us in cap hell, he gave out terrible contracts, he always passed over free agents that would help the team tremendously, we only had 3 winning seasons out of 11 years. Pathetic. He is a big part of the loser mentality that surrounds the Panthers. He's gone and good riddance. People defending him are just showing how very little they are intact with reality. I believe in Gettleman though to pull us out of this mess and get us on track.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.